Clutch pedal to the floor

BRUN

anyone had any issues with the clutch pedal going to the floor, its happened on mine and ive managed get it to the garage, no sign of any obvious leaks so its a case of trying a master cylinder probably and hoping it sorts it, or the box having to come off to check the slave and replace it anyway with a new clutch

just wondering if there is anything common to look for before it costs me £££

I have never towed with mine, and to the best of my knowledge it hasnt been used to tow before I got it, no evidence of a tow bar ever being fitted etc

new master cylinder is now on, and initial short road test, it seems fixed, but time will tell and longer journeys

On 17/10/2023 at 11:46, BRUN said:

it seems fixed, but time will tell

It won't be and time will indeed tell.

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

How much was a new master cylinder?

used an LUK non gen one, £211 fitted with new pins that hold it in and bush on the end of it, but I work in parts so do get things a bit cheaper

they flushed out all the pipes and there was bits of crap in the fluid somehow, im thinking maybe a seal had deteriorated ? 

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

It won't be and time will indeed tell.

why not ?

• Like 1

Because the air causing the problem would have almost certainly been from the slave cylinder and trapped in the void below the bleed thumb-turn.

Wwhilst I agree 100% with replacing the master cylinder first, doing so involves bleeding the system which will give  temporary respite, I hope yours is the exception but I expect the symptom to reoccur and that will probably be with a change in temperatures, I cant recall now if mine reoccurred in Spring or Winter.

• Like 1