Climatronic (AC) not working

danieljmarsh

Hi all, I have a skoda octavia mkIII and the climatronic control is playing up.

I get hot air from the passenger dash vents, but only cold air from the drivers side. I've tried recalibrating the valves but that hasn't improved the hot/cold situation. 

The local skoda dealership have investigated, £100 for diagnostic scan and no fault found. They want to book 3 hours further investigation (£434 + vat) but they don't really seem to have any ideas so I'm a bit hesitant to fund this ongoing work at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this fault, and if so how was it resolved? 

The dealer also quoted for a new heater matrix at £278 + vat, but about £1200 labour to fit it and another £900 for a coolant flush, is this the standard cost?

Thanks for any advice in advance!!!

Hello Daniel, welcome to the forum. What colour is your coolant - is it discoloured? 

PS. I think they're taking the p**s for the coolant flush. 

Edited by Warrior193
  • Like 1

Can't see it being the heater matrix as I think there is generally only one of those so if you're getting hot on one side that shows that it's working.  My guess would be an issue with a heater flap motor or one of the temperature probes in the dash vents has had it or become misplaced as I think there is one in each side.

• Like 1

@skomaz thanks, I found similar on a Google search and this seems common with the VWs and Skodas. Do you know how easy it is to access the two air-conditioning sensors in the dashboard? It's probably cheaper to replace both of them,  than pay for an hour of dealer investigation but I could swap them over to see if the the fault moves side first