If I have heated washers, does that mean the windscreen should be heated?

Have SEL executive. Noticed my windscreen washers have wiring going to them, which I assume means they're heated. Does this mean I should have a heated windscreen? Thanks.

These are my buttons. Always assumed it wasn't heated as it just seems to put Aircon on and max blowers directing to the screen. Also never seen "front window htg" in convenience consumers like the rear comes up.

16984216201017746037176527616060.jpg

Edited by anewman

Over here in Ireland, heated washer nozzles are standard on the higher trim levels but a heated windscreen is not so one doesn’t necessarily imply the other.

It’s worth noting that heated nozzles aren’t much use without winter strength washer additive as the washer fluid will otherwise freeze before the nozzle or on contact with the windscreen

On 28/10/2023 at 21:21, Legacy said:

Over here in Ireland, heated washer nozzles are standard on the higher trim levels but a heated windscreen is not so one doesn’t necessarily imply the other.

It’s worth noting that heated nozzles aren’t much use without winter strength washer additive as the washer fluid will otherwise freeze before the nozzle or on contact with the windscreen

Yes I have heated nozzles but doesn’t seem to make a lot of difference. A degree or two below zero and the washers stop working.

Heated windscreen is for a different reason - de-icing the windscreen very quickly, before the coolant has warmed up. I do have it but don’t use it much because car is garaged overnight.

I have had nozzles freeze with strong mix of washer solution.  I understand this is because the alcohol (?) content evaporates at the nozzle whereas stays contained in the pipe, so pipe can be okay but the nozzle tip frozen.  Heated jets would avoid this arising I presume?  What’s involved to retrofit without heated windscreen?

Heated nozzles are good when everything is up to running temperature, i.e. I have had cars in the past where it has been so cold that the nozzles have frozen while I have been driving! Heated nozzles should negate that.

My experience however with heated nozzles is that you still should not assume they will be working at correct strength within 30 seconds of setting off if it's -5 out!

On 28/10/2023 at 07:52, ApertureS said:

Have you got a photo of these connections on your washer jets?

Had my windscreen replaced and the fitter left them hanging out. Had to clip them back in. I assume they unclip relatively easily.