High beam assist and fog lights together

Alexsus

Hi

is there anybody that have found a way to get the fog lights to turn on when high beam gets turn on by the high beam assist or manually.

I have tried different adaptions from Golf 8 and Seat Leon but it does not work on my Octavia iv

On 28/10/2023 at 15:29, Alexsus said:

Hi

is there anybody that have found a way to get the fog lights to turn on when high beam gets turn on

My question would be "Why do you want to irritate the drivers of the oncoming traffic?"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, avi4tor said:

My question would be "Why do you want to irritate the drivers of the oncoming traffic?"

Why do you drive with high beams on when there is oncoming traffic?

I live on the country and the fogs provide extra light to either sides making it easy to spot wild life before they run over the road. 

• Like 1

I tried one that works on Octavia mk3 and Fabia mk3 but they do nothing. I have also tired one from a Golf 8 but that car did not have high beam assist. I don't know if the adaption channels have changed or because of high beam assist the way it activates the high beam is different the on cars without high beam assist.

Here are the codings I have tried so far.

From OBD11 forum for Golf 7

19- Central Electronics
16- Security code 31347
10- Adaptations

Left side

8 Leuchte12NL LB45 Lichtfunktion C 12 “not active” > Nebellicht links

9 Leuchte 12NL LB45 Lichtfunktion D 12 “not active” > Lichthupe generell

10 Leuchte 12NL LB45 Dimmwert CD12 “0” > 127

11 Leuchte 12 NL LB45 Dimming Direction CD 12 “maximize” > maximize

Right side

8 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Lichtfunktion C 13 “not active” > Nebellicht rechts

9 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Lichtfunktion D13 “not active” > Lichthupe generell

10 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Dimmwert  CD 13 “0” > 127

11 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Dimming direction CD 13 “maximize” > maximize

If you want the front fog lights come on with standard main beam (i.e. not just on the flash setting).

(8)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12 > not active > “left high beam”

(8)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13 > not active > “right high beam”

Same coding is found on OBD11 forum for Octavia MK4 (I think the car is without high beam assist)

There is a One Click App in OBD11 that claims to activate it, but I haven't found what it changes, and I don't like to use OCA if I don't know what they change. 

Then the misses get's home with the car, I'll have a go at it again. Perhaps the controle unit needs to reload ( full off/on of the car) before it takes effect...