Declaring window tints

Baroket

I have my car booked in to get a 30% tint on the rear windows only.  I am with Admiral and their options are Windows - rear darkened >30% or Windows - tinted <30%.
My question is, do I take the factory tint into consideration?  If so, then I would obviously need to choose the >30% darkened option.  I'm just wanting to keep myself right.

As I wasn't sure which level of tint option I should be choosing, I ended up getting in contact with Admiral via their web chat.  From the information I gave, they applied the Windows - tinted <30% option.

If you are in a similar situation, don't take this post as advice and always inquire with your insurer directly.

I think a lot depends on the insurer. When I got my Octavia 4 years ago I wanted to have window tints fitted and when I contacted my insurer at the time I was told they wouldn't accept it so I just left it at that. When my insurance was due for renewal I went with a different company and they agreed to insure with tints at no extra cost. I think I've changed insurers again since then and not had the tints knocked back as long as it's declared.