Charging cable not releasing.

Had my skoda superb phev L & K for 18 months. Recently had some problems disconnecting the cable.  Car is unlocked as usual by remote, usually just unplug the cable. Couple of times recently the lock for the cable hasn't disengaged at all. No amount of tugging, pushing, button pressing will release it. 

Luckily, eventually after about 10 minutes and with no perceptible cause, it's unlocked. Any ideas? 

Apologies. Yes own cable at home charger. Unlocking and locking the entire car via remote and touch button on the car handle. Held button down until windows all Rolled down.  Lifted hatchback via remote. Repeat x 10 lol. Pressed buttons next to charging cable. Eventually just... Released. Done that twice now over the last few days, concerned one day it won't release at all when I have an appointment at work! 

• Thanks 1

Have a go with some spray on the plunger. Silicone is probably best to avoid deteriorating any seals etc. There's been reports of the same on other forums about the Passat. Some find a spray/clean fixes it. Others get it fixed, usually on warranty.

WD40 is a water dispersant (hence the WD in the name).  If you have a hair dryer, or workshop blower, have a go at blowing it out after using WD.  Then apply some silicone spray as, hopefully, a longer term fix.  I would expect the WD to help but not in the long term.