Wheel spin

Choclab

1 minute ago, smipx said:

I Personally run mine at 33psi

More like 32psi actually - I did once try 35psi but it was like driving on ice on the Turanza's to I have stuck to 32/33psi ever since and am happy at the level of grip vs spin now I am on my Michelin Cross Climate 2 SUV's

My karoq is a completely different car to drive now having got rid of the Bridgestones and now on 4 x vredestien winters in the standard 215/50x18. I run two sets of wheels, the other ser are kormoran suv summer tyres on 235/50x18 and I have absolutely no wheelspin problems with them. It is a dsg. I wish I had bought a 4wd one though. My previous yeti was dsg 4wd, and even on full winters this karoq has nothing like the grip in the current snow that the yeti had on summers.

• 2 months later...

Not sure whether this is entirely relevant but thought I'd share anyway

I regularly suffered the dreaded wheel spin in my 1.5 SEL 

Points to put the (i.e. my) problem into context

1) Bought it in Dec 2023.  Ergo, cold and wet a lot of the time

2) I experienced the issue more often that not when pulling out of junctions and turning L or R

3) Still has the OEM Bridgestone's which by most accounts are pants tyres

4) The fronts were more worn than the rears

5) A couple of weekends ago I swapped the fronts to the rear.  And vice versa, obvs 😁

So, what have I discovered .....

Despite the weather not being as cold it has definitely been just as wet as it was in December when I bought the car. 

But, with the tyres now having more tread on the front the wheel spin has stopped.

I can only conclude that, everything else being equal, the temperature and tread depth have made the difference 

If I was a betting man I'd go for the tread depth

If anyone is still experiencing the problem compare the tread on the F and R tyres and if significantly different try swapping them round

• Like 1