PMS

PMS

Is there a current qualified Skoda Technician out there that can answer a question I have about Fabia (MK4) series wheels, suspension, steering, weight distribution, loadings etc.

Thanks

PMS

There might be in the 'Ask a Tech Section', this is the 'Technology Shed' or maybe you could just ask in the Fabia Mk4 section.

What kind of things do you need to know about those things that Skoda do not publish? 

@Carlstoncan usually give you any info on wheels, tyres, suspension etc.

Are you wanting to make changes to what you have?

?

Did you sort out the noise issue from your tyres?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 17.32.52.png

Edited by Rooted

32 minutes ago, Rooted said:

There might be in the 'Ask a Tech Section', this is the 'Technology Shed' or maybe you could just ask in the Fabia Mk4 section.

What kind of things do you need to know about those things that Skoda do not publish? 

@Carlstoncan usually give you any info on wheels, tyres, suspension etc.

Are you wanting to make changes to what you have?

?

Did you sort out the noise issue from your tyres?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 17.32.52.png

Hello Rooted

Yeah, this is still all related to the noise issue.

Not quite resolved yet but it was escalated to the highest executive level at Skoda and I've got agreement to swap the wheels/tyres but at my risk !

What they are now saying is, they will swap the 16" for the 15" but they will not/ can't confirm that it won't make any difference to the characteristics or mechanical workings of the car.

They are saying that if the 15" wheels caused any mechanical  failures in the suspension, brakes, steering etc. the warranty would be invalidated.

Obviously they don't want responsibility for agreeing the swap.

I've pointed out that the SE Comfort can have my 16" wheels as an option so they shouldn't make any difference mechanically.

So, that's why I'm trying to speak to a technician at Skoda as the dealership tech. doesn't know the answer or doesn't want to !

I've looked on a wheel calculator and the differences are minimal and would also depend on tyre manufacturers.

PMS

I think you are lucky getting the wheels and tyres changed 'Free gratis'.  Nothing wrong with them as you got what you bought.

As to the B0llocks on the Warranty,  it is just that,  THe wheel Tyre change is not invalidating the warranty.

@Carlstonshould be able to tell you if that size being fitted are Type Approved.

Look in the Owners Manual, what size to Skoda say are required if Snow Chains are fitted.   What ever they are can be put on the car.

Hi Rooted

Thanks for this.

It's roughly what I thought re the warranty.

If the 15" and the same 16" as mine are OK on the Comfort then why shouldn't they be on the SE L !

I think I'm just going to go with it, sod it, at least I get a quieter ride and also marginally better MPG according to the spec. on the 15" ones !

35 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Screenshot 2023-11-16 18.34.28.png

👍

I've messaged @Carlston and asked my question.

Thanks for the contact.

Will let you know what they come back with !

1 hour ago, Rooted said:

I know what they should come back with.

Someone without a clue has been feeding you guff. 

They've come back with 'gold'.

There isn't any issues with fitting 15" to any of the Fabia range.

In fact all European models come with 15" !

They have suggested I quote the COC (Certificate of Conformity) relating to wheel sizes and have given me a size chart.

Mucho brillianté.

Now for some fun with the all knowledgeable Skoda executive services department 🤔

The tyre sizes will also likely be shown on the printed sticker inside the fuel filler flap (assuming the Fabia has one), whilst that is not definitive proof like the CoC it is a good quick visual reference to show to the guff parleurs!

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The tyre sizes will also likely be shown on the printed sticker inside the fuel filler flap (assuming the Fabia has one), whilst that is not definitive proof like the CoC it is a good quick visual reference to show to the guff parleurs!

👍