Superb sportline 2016, what's your thoughts

Zeek88

Hi guys I'm considering purchasing the below car, I've never spent over 5k on a car previously and this is a pretty big jump.

I tend to get attached to cars and will be in for the long haul.

Im hoping to get some honest opinions both good and bad on what the cars like to live with (current car is a 2010 superb se with 174k on so I have some idea).

Suppose a little reasurance that im not massivley overspending in the current climate.

Link below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404632026576?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Y-ql8Cj1Ssm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SAubxKizS3u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Any and all feedback appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi,

Looks like that one ended, were you the buyer?

Either way, the 4x4 or haldex is an extra cost in two simplistic ways. 1. servicing, 2 running costs

I've had 4x4 on 3 of my 6 Skoda's. Oddly alternating to having it, and not having it. I prefer having it, extra costs aside.

Used cars atm are still slightly over priced. Possibly more so in the sub 10k bracket. Above that seems to be some adjustment downward. Ultimately it's a hunk of metal your swapping for cash, if you can stand the cost and run it down over 10year to be x per week and that x is acceptable, go for it. 

Diesel maybe less overpriced, because IMHO it's got a lower appeal to some sectors inc ULEZ potential owners. I'm seeing a lot of van sales and almost all are not ulez ready.

Oddly I'm swinging between an EV and a diesel, knowing full well how good small petrol petrol hybrids are. Diesel will just keep going, especially if you're doing the miles. However even the little petrols do a good job and long term bar a few exceptions seem to be going well.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Enjoy it all! 

Don't know what boots (tyres) it has. Mine has bridgestones and they are dire in the wet and cold... almost down to a point I feel happy swapping them on waste grounds. 4mm. I normally swap at 3mm.

I certainly find the 4x4 good on junctions. 

You might hear squeaks and groans from the suspension, this is a common thing, see the MK3 owners area. 

Powered taillift? Not sure if thats an option. If so put some pennies aside for the boot strut/motors. I've had two fail on me, one warranty, one on it's way out, silly 'feature' imho. 

Hi Colin, 

Has the motorised taillift so will bear in mind. Suspension wise im glad you said this as it does seem to creak when going over speedbumps, more pronounced when cold.

Also clunk's when steering tight to left or right  (not full lock but close), will be scheduling with my VAG man to take a look but sits so consistent I tethering it's just a quirk.

Tyres is an odd one as is mismatched 2 yokohama on one side a pirelli and a budget on the other. I'm going to swap these soon. Any recommendations?

Think plan will be to but the yokos on the back and a new pair of something up front

have always been a continental man myself but there very expensive from what I've seen.

If you do get any electric tailgate strut issues, there are plenty of pattern items on Ebay at under £200 the pair. Several of us on here have fitted them without issue and it's a huge saving on the reputed £1,000 ish Skoda are charging!!