Heater matrix query???

Good morning peeps,,,

still having issues with coolant pressure ??

still don’t top it up and no smoke or gunk in oil,, but I’ve purchased a new radiator, new thermostat housing, new expansion tank, new auxiliary water pump (for heater apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️didn’t know it had one),, and I still need to fit them 🤣,, but I still sometimes don’t get heat from my heater even though it’s on full HOT???? 
I was wondering if anyone would know what the matrix would look like ?? Seems a few variations,, but apart from take the side off and looking (which I should do) wondered if anyone would have an idea

thanks peeps 

oh 2010 2.0 tdi VRS CEGA engine 

Edited by Hardy1812

7 hours ago, Hardy1812 said:

but I still sometimes don’t get heat from my heater even though it’s on full HOT???? 

Have you done a fault code search which includes the climatronic system?  You also check the climatronic system by pressing the right combination of its buttons. Search on You Tube for the right combination for your model.

The hot air from the heater matrix is directed and mixed with cold air by a series of motor controlled flaps. You may have a stuck or failed flap motor.

This is a separate issue to coolant pressure problems. 

The auxiliary water pump comes on for about 10-30 seconds after the engine has stopped to circulate coolant and so avoid hot spots in the system.

You can hear it running if you are in a quiet place.

2 hours ago, pikpilot said:

Have you done a fault code search which includes the climatronic system?  You also check the climatronic system by pressing the right combination of its buttons. Search on You Tube for the right combination for your model.

The hot air from the heater matrix is directed and mixed with cold air by a series of motor controlled flaps. You may have a stuck or failed flap motor.

This is a separate issue to coolant pressure problems. 

The auxiliary water pump comes on for about 10-30 seconds after the engine has stopped to circulate coolant and so avoid hot spots in the system.

You can hear it running if you are in a quiet place.

Not searched about climatronic but everything is ok with the system,, think I had fresh air sensor,, but changed that and it’s still an issue,, but VCDS says all ok 

thanks for the info on the auxiliary pump didn’t know if it was to circulate the hot water to the matrix,, so that kinda puts my theory on that out the window,, wondered if that had failed and wasn’t circulating the water 🤣,,

I did unblock a small pipe that comes off the top of the radiator,, this was really blocked and really helped with the pressure,, but I leave for 2-3 days I can here the pressure releasing from the cap. Have to release the pressure every morning sometimes it seems like a lot but other than times it’s next to nothing. Most of the time I can’t squash the pipes it’s that solid 🤣🤣.
I even put a head gasket sealer in and that didn’t help,, hoping blocked radiator or dodgy thermostat is causing an airlock or something,, as it doesn’t overheat no coolant loss just this excess pressure ??? 

thanks mate I’ll defo check the heater thing on YouTube