Suspension upgrade

Billygeorge1

I have a low mileage 15 plate Citygo 5 door automatic. I am pleased with it except for the suspension. It is fine on city streets ( the clues in the name?’) but on anything but smooth surfaces it tends to be very pitchey at the front. I am trying to source more controlling shock absorbers. I also have a  Mini Cooper S which had a very uncomfortable ride and I have fitted it with Koni variables all around and the ride now is really good. Unfortunately Koni do not list their variables for the Citygo. I have seen various upmarket shocks on the market that are listed for Citygo with sports suspension, perhaps someone out there can tell me what is Sports suspension.

Has anyone any advice on how I can ‘ absorb more of the shocks’ on my lovely little car. 

Finely in my bid to tackle the problem I have fitted non budget Sumo tyres all around, and reduced the tyre pressure a couple of pounds. This has had some improvement but not enough to make ride out really enjoyable.

Hopefully some of the Citigo owners or past owners will be along with some help.

Maybe it is springs and dampers you need to go with.

It might have been best posted in the Citigo Section rather than Projects but you can at least see what others have done with their cars.

?

What size tyres is it that your Citigo has? 

Thanks for getting back. This is the first time I have posted and to be honest I was really pleased that it even got on atall, I thought i had put it on Citygo so looks like I missed the bit where I had a choice. 

The new Sumo tyres are175/65 R14 86T

cheers

Bill