Alloy wheel paint

Jayw13702

Haven't managed to flat spot all four of my superb alloys (Devon country roads and potholes) I have bought myself a set of VW turbine alloy wheels that are in need of a bit of a refurbishment.

I'm looking for an aerosol wheel silver that is nice and bright, can anybody recommend one?

TIA

Go into Motor Factors, Discount store with paints or even Halfords and choose what takes your fancy, and a good primer.

Preparation and more preparation / sanding & getting a key and then light coats. 

Just do not go to bright. 

If you give a light coat and do not like what it looks like the finish with something a bit less in your face. 

4 hours ago, J.R. said:

I have never heard of "flat spotting" being used in relation to alloy wheels.

the rim bead has been flattened down to pothole impact.

when you put the wheel on a balancer you can see it going up and down.

the roads round here are so bad it's unreal

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

Not really, it's the standard 225/40x18 superb wheels and tyres

The UK fashion for decades has been to over wheel and tyre new cars for more appeal, mine are bigger than yours appeal too, with the standard sizes it's a bit like saying 4" heels, rather than 6", heels for walking in.   Only example numbers now as I've no idea of tyre availability and price at these sizes, or what you can fit to your particular car, plus 70 is low profile to me, if you had 205/50 r17 you'd have another 1/2" sidewall to cushion against the potholes and with the correct tyre just as much grip and handling if that's a concern for tear-arsing about.  205/55 r16 would give nearly an inch more sidewall.

• Like 1