Rust/ rot behind the rear arch

Hello all

I have just taken my rear bumper off my 2012 estate and discovered some lovely rotten through body panels 

any advice as to weather this is likely to be covered by the skoda anti perforation warranty 

IMG_1613.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

Ask them, I'm sure they will come up with something creative like you have failed to submit it for an inspection that they wouldn't make and would not have removed the bumpers if they did.

Welcome.

Nothing to stop you trying your luck and asking a Dealership to have someone inspect it, but in this instance i expect the answer is no.

Twelve Year Warranty now, was it not 10 years back in 2012.?     Expired.

Fair enough on the no Inspection, i do not mean at Services, i mean by anyone in the last year or 3 so that it got that bad.

There was no Service Books by 2012 and no Inspection Body page after the Service Page, it was noted online, or not.

The Warranty never said Bi-Annual or Periodic Inspections,  But the Fixed Menu Service * Maintenance list said 'Body Inspection'. 

Best clear it out, get rust inhibitor on and leave the repair until the spring unless it goes inside, gets dried out and the the rust cut out and the repair / welding done. 

PS

It has been worked on in the past has it not? 

Edited by Rooted

Not to my knowledge with it being worked on, this car definitely has a paper service book and a 12 year warranty that’s been confirmed by ŠKODA and is in the (I think) original warranty handbook the corrosion has been regularly ticked albeit not by ŠKODA 

@B_H_123Explain please.   

Has the Service Book Inspection page after the 1st Major Service in 2014 had the page completed, and any marks or damage marked, 

& at any services 2 years apart or sooner had the Inspection page completed at Main Dealerships?

Or just by some Garage,  and what was ticked about 'Corrosion',    some remark there was, or that it was checked for or what?   Just some tick!

It is the page with the Cars Shape and places to check you need filled in.

Or once it was being done on a palm held the reports.

Get a copy of the Warranty T&C,s from 2012 showing it was 12 years and not only 10.   & get in writing anything someone at a Dealership or Customer Services tell you.

Look under the back Registration Plate, how is the rust there?. 

Screenshot 2023-11-27 10.06.00.png

Looking at the pictures there is no way that is a manufacturing defect.

It is a Design co-ck up and a rust trap, so in that far yes Skoda manufactured a car that needed regular maintenance and care pre-post winter and mud / dirt, wet dirt cleared out.

but it should have been spotted before a decade has past,  IMHO.

You say it was not a Skoda garage servicing it, therefore I expect you will not get any joy from Skoda.

The warrantees are a way of getting business into the franchised dealers.

The warrantees are offered knowing very few people will comply with the small print and the level of payout will be minimal. The value is in the PR effect.

• Confused 1

There is no Small Print about Annual, Bi-Annual or Periodic Checks / Inspections at Main Dealers.

But Skoda UK Customer Services regularly say there is no record of them being done.

Pinned thread at the top of the Citigo Section pretty much has all the discussion and links etc to other threads.  

Newspaper Articles etc.

Skoda / VW UK know exactly who never did inspections, and were never actually required by Skoda / VW UK to do them.

They do not know their ar53 from their elbow.