Service Guide?

Might sound like a daft question, but is there a guide anywhere that shows what's typically required in terms of services items by age/mileage?

Our 272 will be 5yrs old in March and I'd like to start getting an understanding of what will be needed and when, now that it's out of its service agreement.  Reading enough horror stories about coolant silica bags (WTF nonsense is that?!), DSG services, sunroof services etc.!

I can ease your DSG service worries. My 272 went for a 4 year extended scope service (oil change!) today. I ordered the DSG service - £400, and was pleasantly surprised to return for collection to be told that the DSG service is now 80,000 miles so £400 saved. Sunroof should just be the normal lube on the rails. I still can't see simple way to run a very thin cable down to clear the drain hole & pipe. Fingers crossed it stays clear. On the minus side, my All in One warranty doesn't cover replacing the blocked rear screen wash motor. The clue is water spraying  out of the rear camera slot in the boot instead of the screen! 

• Like 1

The DQ381 7 speed wet clutch DSG service interval as shown by Skoda / VW is @ 80,000 miles and oil change and no filter.

If you have a keeper you might want to think on that and if you might have it done sooner and be sure the filter is getting replaced.

• Like 3

I do an oil and filter and a pollen filter every year. 
every other year I do that and the air filter and check coolant. 
brake fluid and haldex every 3yrs (pump removed and strainer cleaned)

dsg service and plugs every 4yrs

i do low mileage, so haldex and dsg were both done between 20-30k. 
I prefer preventative rather than necessary maintenance and I’m happy enough with the additional costs of doing so. That however is up to each individual owner. 
Should have said, I removed my silica bottle for a genuine non silica bottle as soon as I got the car, which was at about 4 months old. Hence the check coolant every 2yrs as above. 

Edited by UndertheRadar
  • Like 2

On 01/12/2023 at 17:44, Redboy said:

I can ease your DSG service worries. My 272 went for a 4 year extended scope service (oil change!) today. I ordered the DSG service - £400, and was pleasantly surprised to return for collection to be told that the DSG service is now 80,000 miles so £400 saved. Sunroof should just be the normal lube on the rails. I still can't see simple way to run a very thin cable down to clear the drain hole & pipe. Fingers crossed it stays clear. On the minus side, my All in One warranty doesn't cover replacing the blocked rear screen wash motor. The clue is water spraying  out of the rear camera slot in the boot instead of the screen! 

That f*****g rear wash wipe is such a turd design.  I have to clean ours 2-3 times a year and it winds me up far more than it should 😂.  It's dead easy to do though.  Plastic cap off, and then you can see the head of the sprayer.  Thin screwdriver and you can lever the head off the base of the arm/motor.  Use fine pins, compressed air or just stick the nozzle end in your mouth and try blowing through.  Then whilst that's off check the supply isn't blocked by trying the wash wipe which should hopefully fire straight up in the air with no sprayer head on.

The first time this happened I had half the tailgate apart trying to solve it, before I realised it's the removable sprayer head that gets gunked up.

• Like 1