Columbus In German!

So this has happened. Will a firmware update give me back my radio?! No audio, Bluetooth, tried to change the language back to English and this message popup stays there. Soft reset hasn't worked. Could battery change have done this? 

DSC_3701.JPG

4 minutes ago, MegaT3D said:

Yeah but when I so, that message comes up and doesn't go away 😕 also have no audio at all. 

OK that message says 'Your chosen languge is loading' so you might need to give it a while to load up.

18 minutes ago, MegaT3D said:

Been on an hour and didn't move.

Well that's clearly not right. I'm out of ideas but maybe someone else will have another idead. Maybe it needs a factory reset but I wouldn't do that until exploring other avenues first.

I had exactly the same thing a year ago.

@varooom saved mine by sending me a link to copy onto a disc, it all depends on what your current software is.

Contact him, he may be able to help you.

He saved my stereo, the upgrade only took 30 minutes following the onscreen instructions. Just watch for battery drain.

This is the problem of NAND running out of space. You can try to have it solve by running SW update, if this doesn't help then NAND must be reformatted or replaced and then reflashed. Pls share your part number and current SW version, if you don't know it then remove the unit and send the picture from the upper case.

It hasn't arrived yet. Ordered a proper one. Fingers crossed it will work. Did you do anything to the car out of the ordinary to trigger it 

Hope it works for you. No, the SatNav has not worked for years, when it started directing me from Germany, every time. The radio and CD player worked fine. I parked the car for a couple of hours and when I turned it on, all was German, with no sound. I tried a reset but it just jammed up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Success! I now have full functionality and the glorious sound of smooth radio again. Anyone need the link for eBay (cd was 9 quid) let me know. 

It worked 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jonnyhatesjazz70 said:

It's a great feeling when the radio suddenly works! 

Am pleased for you mate.

This site has saved me a fortune the last two years.

Yeah mate it's great having a community of people who love the ol' mk2 superb. 

4 hours ago, MegaT3D said:

Success! I now have full functionality and the glorious sound of smooth radio again. Anyone need the link for eBay (cd was 9 quid) let me know. 

It worked 

Great news. Please could you let me have the link. 

The seller is greenbell14. I would advise photographing your error and messaging him as he will no doubt point you to the right firmware. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155233287375?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x4JAut3DSZG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=DPYbVcSITUW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 2

Jonnyhatesjazz70 Hi. My CD arrived but when I put it in CD player on Columbus I get a message saying invalid clamp state and to change to hour mode or press any of the menu buttons to continue. Did yours boot up automatically or should I be connecting a laptop please? 

IMG_6314.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your advice with this. I tried again and the software has updated. Sadly, the satnav still puts me in Germany - but that has been a long term problem. My media player and phone are now fine. Much appreciated.