Columbus In German!

I have had the same issue for a couple of months. Ordered the cd from eBay above. Can you describe the process of using the CD? Do I put it in and do the three button hold to reset?

Hi. In the end I just put the CD in as a normal  CD - it took about 2 hours to do its stuff. The CD then ejected and radio, player and phone working fine now. My satnav didn’t update but that hasn’t worked for several years and I use Carplay for directions. 
You will need a good car battery as that was why my CD didn’t work on the first attempt. 

Edited by Doclin
Spelling
  • Like 1

Hi there.

I simply put mine in and followed the prompts on the screen.

You may need to put a charge on your battery as it takes a while, around 45 minutes if I remember rightly.

My Ebay one did not work, a very kind chap on here sent me a link and I had it burnt onto a disc.

I just popped the disc in, and after 45 mins it worked again

Thanks for all the response! I will make sure to use a battery charger when trying the CD. The seller pointed me to a CD-version after I gave him the numbers of my unit. If it is not working the search for the right CD will continue. Maybe I can find the nice guy who helped you. Need to get a CD-burner in that case though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received the CD now but my stereo is not taking it. I push it into the slot as a normal CD inlet and nothing happens. It does not take it 😞 Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help!

I can push the CD very far in. Like so only 5mm of it is sticking out. Feel like if I let go it is just going to fall in there... Never experienced this with any CD player before. I press the eject button also and nothing happens. Guess nothing is in there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an update. I got

my CD, connected the battery to power supply and dropped the CD in the tray. It did not take it and now it is just rattling in there 😂 Won’t come out when I press the button. Guess my Columbus unit is beyond repair. Maybe I will replace it some day when I get the opportunity. For now I will live without music in the car. Still, thanks for

the support!