Interior light in roof lining

Hi everyone.

i think that the contacts in the switch for the roof light might be a bit corroded or something, as the interior light sometimes comes on when the doors are opened and sometimes it doesn’t, but if you operate the switch on and off a few times and then leave it in the central position it works.

i want to remove the unit to check it over but i don’t want to damage it taking it out.

Does anyone know the correct way to remove this unit to avoid damaging it please?

cheers

IMG_3276.jpeg

5 hours ago, andrehj said:

All the info you need is in this topic:

(hint: this forum has a search function, using it would have saved you writing this post...)

Thanks. Where is the search on the mobile version please? 

In terms of removing the old unit, the first part of this video shows the process. Just 2 torx screws. Careful removing the cables... Mine were in quite tight and took a bit of teasing to uncouple without damage. 

For the replacement unit, I messaged one of the Ebay sellers that had a few units for sale, albeit of the wrong part number. I asked if they could keep an eye out for the correct one for me, ending in K not B, sure enough a few weeks later I got a message. £35 delivered, it's in and working perfectly. Good luck 👍

Edited by Darealspoon
  • Love it! 1

Cheers Darealspoon

That’s great, exactly what I needed thank you mate.

I will have a go at getting it out and check whether I have a B or a K variant.

Thanks again buddy really appreciate it 👍🏻

• Like 1