Car jack

Doofy

Five (!)  different  part numbers appear when I look up, including some date ranges;  three of them greyed out as inappropriate for your vehicle.  The one that's left is an odd-looking part number starting 658, and is currently £52 retail inc VAT at Skoda dealer parts counter.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 10.28.31.png

Edited by Breezy_Pete

38 minutes ago, Doofy said:

Which jack is suitable. One has max lifting weight of 900kg the other is 1100 kg. Is the 900kg one ok on the Kamiq?

The smaller one is fine, only jacking one corner of the car.

Depending on spec, without driver kerb weight is 1140-1293kg

Gross weight is 1691-1776kg

• Like 1

No worries. It's tempting to look at the letter suffixes of each of the 2Q0 parts and conclude that they're all supersessions of one another, but looking at each in detail, no such relationship is shown.

Tend to agree with John though, doesn't seem super-critical for the odd wheel change.

• Like 1

Just looking at these jacks on Ebay..Do i have to get the specific jack for the Kamiq or can  i use a jack from the Karoq or Kodiaq etc?.. Seems they all lift on the sill seam so surely any one with a suitable weight limit would be ok. Looking at the ones from the VW Polo probably wouldn't lift high enough. They all look identical but with different weigh capacities. The Karoq and Kodiaq ones have a better weight limit. Just wondering.. 

The Kamiq is not that high off the ground, most jacks would be high enough. Failing that a small piece of wood under the jack will give you bit of extra height.

I bought a small trolley Jack to change summer / winter wheels (first time I did it using emergency jack), but decided not to spend lot extra on a high lift version, instead just keep an off cut piece of kitchen worktop in my garage, which I put under the jack, It also allows the Jack to roll as it lifts as my drive is block paving, otherwise it stops on grooved joints between blocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

The Kamiq is not that high off the ground, most jacks would be high enough. Failing that a small piece of wood under the jack will give you bit of extra height.

I bought a small trolley Jack to change summer / winter wheels (first time I did it using emergency jack), but decided not to spend lot extra on a high lift version, instead just keep an off cut piece of kitchen worktop in my garage, which I put under the jack, It also allows the Jack to roll as it lifts as my drive is block paving, otherwise it stops on grooved joints between blocks.

Thanks for the reply, It just seems that the specific jack for the Kamiq is more expensive than others on Ebay, The ones for the karoq and some VW ones are cheaper.