Pairing a new iPhone (with the same data and mobile number as your previous phone) Infotainment reset maybe required Amundsen.

Stoker

She who must be obeyed got a new iPhone 14 to replace an iPhone XR.

Prior to attempting connection of the new one, my phone and hers were both showing in the 'known' list.

I followed these steps

- I held my finger on her phone name until it was no longer greyed out and selected the bin icon to delete.

Next 

- I went into the bluetooth settings on her new phone and it found the Skoda so I selected it then a verification PIN number appeared on both the phone and the infotainment screen. I selected each to confirm.

- At this point that should have completed the process. So for some of you that may be it, simple as that.

However,

The spinning wheel just kept on spinning and eventually it said on the phone, 'pairing unsuccessful' or 'connection unsuccessful' (I don't remember).

I then went through the process below but you might want to skip to the one in bold font below.

- Back into bluetooth settings it found the Skoda again but would not connect. (Did this a fair number of times, no joy).

- Turned off the infotainment system and the phone, tried again multiple times and no connection.

- I made the iPhone forget the device and this gave me a new pairing verification PIN number but this time it didn't appear on the infotainment screen as well. Again I got into repeating this and all the above steps in different sequences and with no luck. Now desperately frustrated.

- I renamed the iPhone and went through some of the above steps over and over. Still no luck.

- Not knowing it would reset, I held the power button on the infotainment screen for over 10 seconds and watched it turn off and back on with a short period of a spinning icon on screen indicating some sort of reset.

- Went back into bluetooth settings on the phone, it found the Skoda, got the verification PIN on the infotainment screen and the phone, selected both and Voila!!!

I'm guessing there was some kind of hang over between the bluetooth data packets that bluetooth uses in a 3 way battle and the reset started with a clean slate.

Edited by Stoker