Opening the tailgate

A happy & prosperous new year to you all.

Is it possible to open the tailgate on my Estate without using the specific button on the key fob?

I've read the manual but cant find any reference to a switch or pull inside the car. What happens if the fob goes wrong?

Thanks in advance,

33 minutes ago, DibDibScout said:

A happy & prosperous new year to you all.

Is it possible to open the tailgate on my Estate without using the specific button on the key fob?

I've read the manual but cant find any reference to a switch or pull inside the car. What happens if the fob goes wrong?

Thanks in advance,

1.pdf

Thanks for the replies

Delay in responding because life kinda got in the way and then PlusNet appeared to think I didn't deserve to be connected to the Internet!

That piece from the manual is exactly what I wanted.

Worried about being somewhere remote with the Scout, battery in key dying, and not being able to get into the boot area.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The final piece in this puzzle is the tailgate switch doesn't work as it should.  The fix is a new switch but I rather like the fact the car can be unlocked and the tailgate remains locked until I consciously unlock it.

So for now its staying as it is.

Unless someone tells me that its possible to configure unlock procedure so tailgate stays locked with a working button

Thanks all

6 hours ago, DibDibScout said:

The final piece in this puzzle is the tailgate switch doesn't work as it should.  The fix is a new switch but I rather like the fact the car can be unlocked and the tailgate remains locked until I consciously unlock it.

So for now its staying as it is.

Unless someone tells me that its possible to configure unlock procedure so tailgate stays locked with a working button

Thanks all

As far as I know the configuration is with one press on the fob, it's either drivers door only or all five doors.