How long from order to build slot?

Hi all,

I ordered a new VRS estate 7 weeks ago through a main dealer, the order has long been accepted but there still isn't a build week/slot allocated.

Dealer said it's due to a factory switchover (I think) - anyone else got any knowledge of this and is it normal to wait so long for a build date?

Thanks.

Yes.

Was it the dealer or a salesperson in the dealership?

They work in the Dealership 5 or 6 days a week and their job is selling cars, Skoda cars, if they will not say or do not know and neither will the Dealer Principal or Finance Director then anyone else is taking a guess as to your order.

Different Dealers are in different circumstances as to orders, allocations.

Skoda / VW Group now have to first register in the UK 22% of Zero Emissions cars in 2024 and this will be interesting because they now need to ensure they can have enough ordered, built and sold / delivered in the year or they face big financial penalties. 

Also the Fleet Average C02 to meet in the UK. 

Edited by Rooted

There was a trailer on the Skoda YouTube channel saying that a face-lifted Octavia would be announced in February.
Maybe that's related to the changeover mentioned?

52 minutes ago, DavidY said:

There was a trailer on the Skoda YouTube channel saying that a face-lifted Octavia would be announced in February.
Maybe that's related to the changeover mentioned?

I have ordered mine in November, and I've been told that the delivery time will be approximately 3–4 months (February or March).

I am confident that the exterior will look as I ordered it. I feel quite stupid because I didn't check whether they were going to change the mask, the info system, etc. Unfortunately, of course, none of the dealers wanted to "disclose" this to me either.

I did not get any specific build date confirmed. Just that my car will be delivered in approximately 3 to 4 months. He was pretty confident that my car (Octavia 1.5 TSi) will be delivered in mid February though. I must add that I am from Slovenia.

Yeah that's the same sort of time as I was quoted - 20 weeks took me to early April.

But looking at this thread it seems people have been waiting much much longer - unless that it specific to the UK.

Update on this, I heard yesterday that my build date is week 7. So that was just under 8 weeks from order to confirmation, and 14 weeks from order to build.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 21:22, Mathei said:

I have ordered mine in November, and I've been told that the delivery time will be approximately 3–4 months (February or March).

I am confident that the exterior will look as I ordered it. I feel quite stupid because I didn't check whether they were going to change the mask, the info system, etc. Unfortunately, of course, none of the dealers wanted to "disclose" this to me either.

We'll both get pre-FL cars, they've not opened the order book for those yet and there is an anticipated price rise.
I'm not bothered, the mk4 is still pretty rare where I live and looks a lot fresher than my current mk3. Plus it would have meant waiting until the summer for delivery, at least.

11 hours ago, dan245 said:

We'll both get pre-FL cars, they've not opened the order book for those yet and there is an anticipated price rise.
I'm not bothered, the mk4 is still pretty rare where I live and looks a lot fresher than my current mk3. Plus it would have meant waiting until the summer for delivery, at least.

I see. Thank you for sharing this information. There are some "leaks" or, let's say, exclusive images circulating on the internet of the new facelift. Perhaps it's just a random render, but if Auto Express has also published these images, there might be some substance to it.

Source: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/361908/new-skoda-octavia-exclusive-image-family-cars-2024-facelift

image.thumb.png.1809d56bb1719288cba3e9ea40793533.png

I won't lie; I quite like this facelift in the photo, although it might resemble a Peugeot a bit too much, haha. Nevertheless, the change is not so drastic that I would beat myself over the head. These renders can often be a little misleading compared to the actual appearance of a car on the road later.

I'm not bothered, the mk4 is still pretty rare where I live

Meanwhile, in Slovenia, the Octavia has been by far the best-selling model in the last couple of years haha. But then again, there will probably be some changes next year aswell, and soon there will be a new generation with surely a completely different design from the current one, so there's no need to overestress.

On 15/01/2024 at 11:22, dan245 said:

Yeah, it's a peugeot 😛

I just got a call yesterday that I can expect the car by the end of this month :) 

Edited by Mathei
  • Love it! 1