Delivery times?

1 minute ago, richard12345 said:

I have a question on the winter pack...
I thought it was to include a heated front windscreen, like I had on my 67 plate VRS - but my new VRS iV doesn't have one 😞

Mine has the winter pack and has a heated screen. 

• Sad 1

You probably know anyway but in the hope it might help. Do you have the heated windscreen icon in the clima screen? They don’t use wires in the screen anymore. Confused me when I changed from my 67 plate to the MK4. In the right light my screen has a bronze tinge that is the give away.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nr26410 said:

You probably know anyway but in the hope it might help. Do you have the heated windscreen icon in the clima screen? They don’t use wires in the screen anymore. Confused me when I changed from my 67 plate to the MK4. In the right light my screen has a bronze tinge that is the give away.

Oh wow
Glad I didn't go to the dealer
it was the lack of wires in the screen and no obvious button {thank god I didn't ask my 22yr old son or Id never live it down)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leaine said:

For everyone that has theirs now, have you felt a grinding  when depressing the brake pedal? 

If you have a PHEV it might be that the brakes are taking longer to bed in as you tend to use regen more often than not.

The very first time I use the brakes on each journey I find they are quite stiff and almost like they aren’t going to work, but after that they’re fine. I drive mine in hybrid and sport mode 100% of the time so the regen is quite strong and I don’t really have to brake all that hard anyway

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heppie89 said:

If you have a PHEV it might be that the brakes are taking longer to bed in as you tend to use regen more often than not.

Yeah its a PHEV, makes sense

Finally... after 26 months I picked up my Octavia PHEV.

Ordered on August 29, 2021. Received on October 30, 2023. Gray graphite Style 1.4 PHEV Dynamic package, Selection package, side assist with rear traffic alert, soundproof glass, heated windshield, rear window wiper, 230V socket, alarm

In July 2023, I received information that production was possible, but I had to pay extra +16% of the original 2021 price😵

For a month I wrote emails with the dealer myself, because the order included information about the price change ONLY if VAT or excise duty changes, but I lost patience, because they stubbornly claimed that there was no other option than an additional payment. 😠

I handed the case over to a lawyer and the lawyer fought for me for 3 months. He won the 2021 price. 👍

There is joy with the car, but distaste for the dealer remains. 😟

I wish everyone a short delivery time and a hassle-free dealership. 😊

phev.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, update on mine. Octavia VRS plug in, brilliant silver, no extras. Ordered late September 2022 as a company car in UK. Original delivery date was 29th Dec 2023. A couple of months ago this was changed to 29th Feb 2024. Had an email yesterday saying it was now expected late Jan 2024. Im assuming because its only 2 months between now and then that the car must have been given a build date? Getting this info from the lease company has been impossible. At least its been brought forward and not delayed again. If it does get delivered end of Jan it would have been 16 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered November 2021 Octavia VRS IV. Finally had chassis number and told it’s at port of exit where it’s been for 4 weeks now. 😂. Question is will it arrive before Xmas. Does anyone know if the delivery tracking still works? If so can someone point me to the link. Thanks 

On 11/11/2023 at 21:56, OzA said:

Finally... after 26 months I picked up my Octavia PHEV.

Ordered on August 29, 2021. Received on October 30, 2023. Gray graphite Style 1.4 PHEV Dynamic package, Selection package, side assist with rear traffic alert, soundproof glass, heated windshield, rear window wiper, 230V socket, alarm

In July 2023, I received information that production was possible, but I had to pay extra +16% of the original 2021 price😵

For a month I wrote emails with the dealer myself, because the order included information about the price change ONLY if VAT or excise duty changes, but I lost patience, because they stubbornly claimed that there was no other option than an additional payment. 😠

I handed the case over to a lawyer and the lawyer fought for me for 3 months. He won the 2021 price. 👍

There is joy with the car, but distaste for the dealer remains. 😟

I wish everyone a short delivery time and a hassle-free dealership. 😊

phev.jpg

Madness from the dealer. I wonder how much their legal fees were? Are you going to use a different dealer in future?

On 21/11/2023 at 15:54, undercoversaint said:

Hi all, update on mine. Octavia VRS plug in, brilliant silver, no extras. Ordered late September 2022 as a company car in UK. Original delivery date was 29th Dec 2023. A couple of months ago this was changed to 29th Feb 2024. Had an email yesterday saying it was now expected late Jan 2024. Im assuming because its only 2 months between now and then that the car must have been given a build date? Getting this info from the lease company has been impossible. At least its been brought forward and not delayed again. If it does get delivered end of Jan it would have been 16 months.

Another update! Ready for delivery next week! (18/12). So it will actually arrive slightly earlier than the original delivery date of 29th Dec 23. Looks like things are starting to improve.

• Like 2

After 740 days, I was finally allowed to pick up my RS PHEV on 13 December 2023. For a moment, the wait was completely forgotten. Brilliant car, hopefully with few problems. Fingers crossed. To all those waiting. Hang in there, it's worth it...

• Like 2

Recently collected. 53 weeks after ordering, my SEL IV Estate.  Brilliant car to drive but still haven’t got the hang of the Columbus system which wasn’t properly set up before delivery.  Am I the only one to eventually discover that I have been driving round with the wrong number plates on?  Do many dealers get that wrong?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Long time lurker. Thought I would add my experience. Ordered my SE L iV estate in September 2022. Picked it up in December 13th 2023, so almost 14 months. I only had two options, petrol blue paint and the boot lip protective strip.

• Like 1

OMG I had no idea about these sort of lead times.

I ordered in November and was estimated 20 weeks - sounds like that was overly optimistic to say the least.

Anyone still waiting on a 21/22 order or are they all fulfilled now?

anyone who ordered in the last few months I guess you won’t have to wait so long unless there is another crisis of some sort

after an 18 month wait I got my SEL IV 3 months ago. Very happy with it so far!

Edited by PoloGaz

On 16/01/2024 at 19:41, PoloGaz said:

anyone who ordered in the last few months I guess you won’t have to wait so long unless there is another crisis of some sort

You are correct. I have ordered mine in mid-November and will be getting the car until the end of this month.

• 2 weeks later...