Headlights

might be a stupid question, but can anyone tell me what bulb goes into the headlights?

I know that the Projector part is H7 but there's another bulb in my unit that only goes on with full beam, and can't get into it to see what type of bulb it is. from most Fabias/VRS' at this age it seems to be only the projector light that actually works so it's a bit strange

If you have a second bulb fitted mostly it's the same a H7 they did fit H4 bulbs but these were on cars without the  flap The second H7 bulb comes on with high beam and the dipped should also come on but a strange one never seen them used with the flap system but who knows

I thought projector lamps used a shutter to alter the beam pattern so they only have one bulb fitted.

It's possible that the solenoid that operates the shutter has packed up.

it's definitely weird that both work, as every other VRS I've saw only has the projector that works

IMG_7472.jpeg

Edited by Toasty

Think you're taking about the dummy side lights  there was a member on here that managed to wire them up ( sorry can't remember his name) .I'm sure @rooted will be along with a link 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Madvlad65 said:

Think you're taking about the dummy side lights  there was a member on here that managed to wire them up ( sorry can't remember his name) .I'm sure @rooted will be along with a link 

there is a bulb beside them that doesn't work.

the both come on when it's full beam

• 2 weeks later...

On the vrs with chrome headlight there are 2 H7 blubs main and dip on the vrs/ monte carlo with black headlight there is 1 H7 blub to do main/dip 

• Like 1

it does seem some "early" vRS's had the lights like yours......not sure when it changed to just the projector with shutter as mentioned earlier in the topic. Maybe a facelift thing.

Not seen an early vRS close up, so cannot be sure but further up its stated the early ones had 2 H7 bulbs fitted.

car_photo_523072.jpg

Edited by UrbanPanzer