Lead times

I ordered mine on the 15th April and was told it would take 8-10 weeks. When I spoke to the dealer on Friday he said that the car left the factory on 7th June but they didn't know where it was! They don't even know if its in the country yet.

"We'll call you on Monday". Yeah, right. It's nearly 2:30 and guess what? no call.

Prof

It depends on colour and spec avaliability. There may be a white Elegance with the beige interior in a space to be built next week, it's no good if you want a black Ambiente as there may not be one avaliable for 8-10 weeks due to the popularity of the colour and spec. Any options can be added to the order if the avaliable lead time is 6 weeks or more with no movement of build date except for technical reasons.

Hi no options only L&K 1.6 FSI Tip in Highland Green.Estate.

That sounds like quite an unusual combination to me , "only" a 1.6 in the most expensive body style and trim. Not something they would have normally built I suppose.

Hi All!

I live in Finland, so i don't know if things go differently here, but here's a quick question

I'm waiting for my own Octavia Estate 1.6 FSI. I ordered it on april 24th and was told 14th of june that it is in Lybeck (or what ever the town is called) in the harbour waiting to get into a ship to Finland. It now been almost 3 weeks and on friday i called the dealer and he said that it is still waiting in the harbour!!! Is this normal, do you think? Tomorrow I'm calling the importer to get some answers, this is really anoying... It's been 10 weeks now from the order, how many of you have had your lead time this long?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

**Bowman69**

My vRS took pretty much 3 months from order to delivery (11 weeks and 2 days to be precise).

Apparently there is alot of pot luck involved as it needs to arrive at the quayside when there is a boat (with space) loading and going to the desired country, then you need more luck to get onto a transporter heading to your dealer after unloading......

My vRS took pretty much 3 months from order to delivery (11 weeks and 2 days to be precise).

Apparently there is alot of pot luck involved as it needs to arrive at the quayside when there is a boat (with space) loading and going to the desired country' date=' then you need more luck to get onto a transporter heading to your dealer after unloading......[/quote']

Yes, this happenend to me. I was quoted 12 weeks, but the car was actually a bit early which caught the dealer by surprise. Of course I wasn't ready either and it took a further 2 weeks for me to sort the money and the time off work etc. When I've bought other new cars, the dealer kept me informed and gave a defo delivery date. Skoda it seems don't do this.

Further to my post above.....I've now been told my car arrived in the UK on 1st July. That's over 3 weeks from factory to port. I could have pushed it here quicker!

Now I 've go to wait another week or so for it to get to the dealer, then they do the PDI etc......still it's all about the anticipation eh?:o

Prof

I was lucky, ordered one (2.0TDI Elegance estate in Graphite) about 3 weeks ago, and the exact spec was already in the country. I'm collecting tomorrow. And it's a recent build too, week 22, so should have the aux in connection.

Yippee!

Paul

Ordered mine 12 weeks ago, due next Tuesday (2 days late) !

Octy 2 VRS Estate, Black Pearl, Xenons , maxi dot thingy, jumbo box, cruise control.

Unless it is a plain vanilla (no extras) it seems that it has to be a factory order and you will probably be stuck with 12 weeks.