1.9TDI PD130 BLT Tandem pump leak

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed the black top cover of the tandem pump gasket is leaking a bit of diesel, it looks like it’s weeping but I want to get it sorted before any major issues happen.

Is it possible to buy the top gasket cover or is it just a case of buying a whole entire gasket set for the pump and changing all of them?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I purchased a complete set for around 40 euros which includes a radial shaft seal which needs to be replaced. I had slight wear on the shaft where the seals runs but had no issues. If your doing this yourself watch the alignment of the pump shaft when refitting

1 hour ago, Fabish said:

Hi

I purchased a complete set for around 40 euros which includes a radial shaft seal which needs to be replaced. I had slight wear on the shaft where the seals runs but had no issues. If your doing this yourself watch the alignment of the pump shaft when refitting

Hi

Right, I’ll get a set ordered and replace all the seals, thanks for the tip.