Heated Windscreen Failing

Hi Guys,

The attached photo shows the edges of the heated windscreen not heating up. It started with just the left hand edge and the right hand side failed not long after.

The car is booked into my local dealer later this month and hopefully the screen will be replaced under warranty.

Anybody else seen a similar issue?

TIA

20240106_092928.jpg

2 minutes ago, JD52 said:

there are wires in the sections that are not heated and the complete screen used to heat.

Oh.  Mine doesn’t have wires in those sections. The heating elements on my 17 plate follow exactly as your pic above. 

Hopefully someone else can help. 

is yours an original Skoda screen?

• Like 1

Great timing this.. I used to have a 2018 VRS with winter pack and I swear the heated screen cleared the whole screen so I was confused to see the above on my replacement vehicle, a 1.5 TSI Sportline 2020. I never questioned it but am thankfully that someone has asked this question here and I can relax knowing mine is normal…. I still believe my old car cleared the whole thing though!