Windscreen washer not working // with rear wiper

I have a problem with my skoda octavia mk3 2019. The windscreen washer don't work alon with rear wiper.

- I already checked the fuses they are all OK

- the washer pump does not run

- measured the voltage at washer pump, I have 0 V with the stalk commanding the washer pump on

Any other guidance please

Have you checked the fuse?  I think (please check your manual) that it is Fuse 27 in the glovebox.

It may well be the motor that has failed.

In the manual, I have fuse No 47 for the rear wiper motor.

I replaced all the concerned fuses preventively.

The front wiper motor (fuse 19) run correctly but the washer does not

Screenshot_20240118_215729.jpg

Screenshot_20240118_215757_edit_1477269584095128.jpg

The system would have thrown a code for a failed washer pump.  Can you get your car code scanned and see if there is an error present please?

26 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

The system would have thrown a code for a failed washer pump.  Can you get your car code scanned and see if there is an error present please?

I did read the system with an ELM OBD nothing

and then with an AUTEL, I got the error in 'Wiper motor control unit' but the motor work fine when I run it with stalk

The car is not lying. It's saying the wiper motor is exhibiting high electrical resistance and is probably on its way out.

Two areas to look at: grease the cardon shaft from the motor to the blade (because that can sometimes bind) and if that doesn't work, replace the motor (ideally with OEM)

Hi,

I rescanned the vehicle today with another Launcher, I got this code B126101 Windshield washer pump electrical error

I replaced the washer pump with a new aftermarket one and cleared the code

I tried to use the windscreen washer but always the same fault, not working again with the same trouble code (B126101)

On 27/01/2024 at 19:11, Bowmoh said:

Hi,

I rescanned the vehicle today with another Launcher, I got this code B126101 Windshield washer pump electrical error

I replaced the washer pump with a new aftermarket one and cleared the code

I tried to use the windscreen washer but always the same fault, not working again with the same trouble code (B126101)

I would electrically check the old pump if you still have it. Check it electrically and also with a power supply. If it works then the issue is probably not the pump, it will be wiring somewhere (check earth's on the tailgate). BTW.... aftermarket devices are not good. Did you electrically test that one before installing it? Just because it's new it doesn't mean it's any good. BTW...I have found VAG products are usually similar prices and at least you will have a good known product.

Edited by varaderoguy
  • Like 1

Hey Guys, bit confused here OP says the rear washer isnt working and yet they say they are checking fuses for the wiper motor not the washer pump? ....is it a single pump that does both front and rear  because if the pump work ok for the front washers its not that? if your getting 0v at the pump its not the pump it'll be the supply wiring, fuse, rotary coupler, stalk control etc...can you use a power probe to supply power to the pump itself or bench test it and check its working...id start by checking the fuse for the pump then if ok activate the stalk and see where you loose power along the circuit till you find the issue?

yea thats what i figured, if its working ok one way then its ok..its gotta be the power supply as itll be a single earth, start with the fuse then follow the power...electrical faults are never nice on modern beasts

1 hour ago, Aetious said:

Hey Guys, bit confused here OP says the rear washer isnt working and yet they say they are checking fuses for the wiper motor not the washer pump? ....is it a single pump that does both front and rear  because if the pump work ok for the front washers its not that? if your getting 0v at the pump its not the pump it'll be the supply wiring, fuse, rotary coupler, stalk control etc...can you use a power probe to supply power to the pump itself or bench test it and check its working...id start by checking the fuse for the pump then if ok activate the stalk and see where you loose power along the circuit till you find the issue?

I've read the original post and OP says the windsceen washer isn't working along with the rear wiper

On 21/01/2024 at 18:12, Bowmoh said:

I have a problem with my skoda octavia mk3 2019. The windscreen washer don't work alon with rear wiper.

- I already checked the fuses they are all OK

- the washer pump does not run

- measured the voltage at washer pump, I have 0 V with the stalk commanding the washer pump on

Any other guidance please

Are you saying the pump doesn't work for either front and rear?

Something I noted from my mk2 estate. If the boot was not fully closed the washer and wiper is inhibited. So it may be something to do with the boot closed microswitch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2024 at 00:05, ords said:

I've read the original post and OP says the windsceen washer isn't working along with the rear wiper

Are you saying the pump doesn't work for either front and rear?

There is only one pump that supply the frond and rear 

I tested the pump directly on a 12V source, it worked

but through the stalk it does not work

5 hours ago, Bowmoh said:

There is only one pump that supply the frond and rear 

I tested the pump directly on a 12V source, it worked

but through the stalk it does not work

Does it work in both directions when you reverse the polarity?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/02/2024 at 02:16, ords said:

Does it work in both directions when you reverse the polarity?

Yes it does work when I reverse the polarity