Coding on s 2023 Sportline 1.5dsg

Fergusthedog

Just taken delivery of new sportline and loving it have used carista to change a few things but dont have the option to change throttle response to "direct" could do it on my 2019 SEL but not on 2023 sportline is it possible to do with VCDS?

Also appear to have the front camera above rain sensor can I activate anything like lane assist and traffic sign recognition using VCDS or is this not possible on face lift Karoqs?

Thanks in advance

23 hours ago, Fergusthedog said:

Just taken delivery of new sportline and loving it have used carista to change a few things but dont have the option to change throttle response to "direct" could do it on my 2019 SEL but not on 2023 sportline is it possible to do with VCDS?

Also appear to have the front camera above rain sensor can I activate anything like lane assist and traffic sign recognition using VCDS or is this not possible on face lift Karoqs?

Thanks in advance

I think thats in OBDeleven pro

• Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 10:57, Fergusthedog said:

Thanks in advance

I noticed this option wasn't available for my 2023 1.5 TSi either (Carista Beta).

It was definitely available on past Yeti's and appears on my 2019 Mii👍

Hi there,

I was wondering if tweaking settings with an OBD2 adapter could potentially affect the car's warranty. I also own a Carista adapter, but I'm still hesitant about using it because of this concern.

10 hours ago, Tpet said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if tweaking settings with an OBD2 adapter could potentially affect the car's warranty. I also own a Carista adapter, but I'm still hesitant about using it because of this concern.

I guess it's feasible you could compromise your car's manufacturer warranty,  although I've used Carista on many previous (VAG) cars and had no issues. 

I did explore customisation options for my 2023 1.5 TSi SE L manual, but found little of interest. 

I was disappointed to see the option to alter throttle mapping has disappeared🤨

The threat of implications for my manufacturers warranty was ultimately the primary reason I opted not to go with an aftermarket towbar for my car, despite assurances from PF Jones though - more here: 

Thanks for getting back! Gave the Carista a go yesterday to see what's available for my car. Nothing super exciting, so no changes for now. Still got a few interesting options to dig into. Planning to check with the local dealer about the warranty implications for these tweaks. I do have that throttle option available, but I'm a bit in the dark about what it actually does. It's on my list of options to read up on a bit more.

• Like 1

I made a few tweaks to mine using OBD 11, but I think the most useful one was permanently ebanling Headlamp Assist, rather than having to enable every time I started the car.

What does this setting change? My lights switch is always on Auto, so they kick in automatically when it's dark, and during daylight, it's just the DRL. I've got matrix lights, but I don't reckon that should make a difference.

If you have matrix headlights push stalk away from you to turn on auto high beam basically the car decides if lights should be dipped or high as camera can turn sections of the lights off so you dont dazzle oncoming traffic or cars you are following.  When I have to go into office my commute involves a couple of unlit country lanes you have to have faith but never been flashed and you can actually see sections dip either side of the car, other morning followed a golf down lane and could see the cut out around their car where it had auto adjusted the light sections down - work of the devil but amazing tech😄

RCC49 means that you can code car so is always on and you dont have to push stalk every start up to activate it for that journey

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2024 at 10:57, Fergusthedog said:

Thanks in advance

We tried OBD Pro on mine and there was no expensive hidden option that came up. It allowed us to disable the annoying seat belt warning bong and fill up fuel quantity. Traffic Sign recognition wasn't an option. I wonder if what I think is a  camera  in the front screen mirror, is a rain or headlight sensor. I can't see lane assist as an option and am happy not to have it.