Radio replacement

Hi guys,

seems that I will keep my car for some more time, so I was looking to replace the original Swing radio unit, as I slowly started to hate it a bit. I just saw a nice Sony unit, model XAV-AX6050: https://www.sony.ee/car-audio/products/xav-ax6050

It seems perfect, with DAB+, phone connection, Android Auto and Apple Carplay, both wireless. Can I connect this unit directly without any bigger hassle and everything should work? How about the USS? Will they work?

The installation will be relatively straightforward, you will need to tap a fuse but this is relatively simple and can be taken from a window fuse or something similar. 

You will also need some form of iso adapter for your car, again not too difficult...

Only issues are you might lose being able to use any steering wheel controls, parking sensors etc.

I have installed an ax-3250 in mine without issues.

5 hours ago, Ethanthecarknownothing said:

The installation will be relatively straightforward, you will need to tap a fuse but this is relatively simple and can be taken from a window fuse or something similar. 

You will also need some form of iso adapter for your car, again not too difficult...

Only issues are you might lose being able to use any steering wheel controls, parking sensors etc.

I have installed an ax-3250 in mine without issues.

I don't have steering wheel controls, so no problem with that, just the parking sensors. But I really wouldn't like to lose them. Is it possible to wire them to the new head unit?

13 hours ago, Ethanthecarknownothing said:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's not possible. You will retain the beeping sounds but you just won't get anything appearing on the screen.

If you wanted you could retrofit a reversing camera as well as this but might be more effort than your looking for.

Yeah, than it would get to a 1000€ upgrade to a car that is worth basically 4000€, so it's not worth it.