Some Facelift SportLine Questions

WaveyDavey

Hi all,

First time visiting the Karoq section but long, long, long time member of 19 years having had two mk1 Fabia vRSs and currently a Superb II Elegance and a Fabia III Colour Edition. I'm thinking of replacing my Superb this year and the Karoq Sportline is one of my favoured options (and also one that SWMBO really likes too). I prefer the looks of the facelift model over the original Sportline but just wondered if i could get some answers to some questions about the facelift version?

1. Is there anything on the facelift Sportline that became standard that the original pre-facelift Sportline doesn't have or only had as an option? (Is it just things like the remote foot operated boot and interior coloured door lighting etc...)

2. Are there any issues with the panoramic sunroof on these? Are they prone to any issues etc.... (It'll be the first time having a panoramic sunroof rather than just an old school small sunroof previously on a couple of cars).

3. I'm initially thinking of going for the 2WD 1.5TSi 150PS engine. How does it perform with this size car? Is the DSG better suited or is the manual fine? (My current Superb is a CR140 DSG so thinking they will be possibly feel similar performance wise?)

4. Any known issues with the HU and Virtual Cockpit to know about? Does the facelift Sportline come with the better virtual dashboard or is that only an option?

5. Are there any indicator adaptations possible like there are on various Seat, VW, Audi models whereby you can change how the indicators flash or scroll etc.....? And if so are these done in the car or are they done via OBDEleven etc....?

6. Finally any other general things to look out for with the facelift Sportline?

Thanks again for any input/info you guys can provide.

Edited by WaveyDavey
Typos.

1 hour ago, mumpsim said:

This is more about the facelift in general than the Sportline in particular, but may nevertheless be of interest: 

https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/the-new-skoda-karoq-a-more-striking-look-with-greater-aerodynamics

I may have time to say more later.

Cheers for that. I'd seen that or something similar before but had another quick scan through but looks like I can only see mention of the digital dashboard where when looking at the Sportline section of that it says it comes with a 10.25" instrument cluster so would that be the better version with more viewing options available?

The original Sportline had the 10.25" digital instruments as an option, and the big benefits of the facelift (in my opinion) is that it has Matrix LED headlights and dynamic rear indicators (as standard I think). (The basic digital instrument panel seems to have far less customisation options from comments on this forum.)

However... many individual options on the original are either bundled together, or not available. For instance I was able to add a heated windscreen as a single option without buying heated rear seats for my non-existing passengers. The dashcam charging USB-C socket by the mirror was also available on its own. And the 360 degree camera which I love is no longer offered at all!

I've had sunroofs on my cars for 40 odd years, and panoramic ones on my last two. The only problem I've had was on my Golf Mk4, where the sunroof motor failed after 7 years. 

Chris

• Like 1

The digital dash has lots of options.Sunroof doesn't rattle...yet. Performance is ok, I wouldn't bother trying to race anybody. MPG is  very good....44 MPG on my usual A road commute  road. I say very good MPG against the background of having had 2.0 petrol VAG cars for 16 years

• Like 1

We bought a 2020 Sportline 1.5dsg last year and find that it can be moved along at a brisk pace. Having said we came came from a Freelander so anything by comparison would have felt brisk 😄

One of the reasons we bought the Sportline was for the panoramic roof, let’s in a lot of light on a dull day.

Only real complaint was with the OEM 19in Vega rims which were an absolute pita, literally. Felt every pothole and bump. Swapped the Bridgestones for Michelin CrossClimates 2, absolute pleasure by comparison and Significant Other no longer spends every trip looking out for holes in the road. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BTandSid said:

Swapped the Bridgestones for Michelin CrossClimates 2, absolute pleasure by comparison

That was the best move I made. Surefooted, more comfortable, excellent tyre life.