Buying an Ex Taxi: is it fraught with dangers

On 16/02/2024 at 11:38, Winston_Woof said:

Even the insurance isnt too bad, actually its lower than the 1.5's and even than my Ceed would be on a like for like comparison (age & value comes into that I presume)

I suspect they'd write-off the V6 at the drop of a hat, if you ever needed to make a claim.

But that said, that IS pretty reasonable insurance.

• Crying 1

well decision has been made and a deposit left on this.

Decided to get what I was actually looking for (petrol/auto) although I did give serious consideration to diesels etc and yes I know , wrong engine wrong gearbox but..........

She will be getting a completely fresh MOT with any work (if  needed) doing done plus a another service (which will be registered with skoda).

1 owner from new with every service done on time and came to Sam direct from Skoda.

Speaking of which probably the nicest place I've ever been to see a car.  This is just the lodge at the entrance!!!

Copley Lodge and Attached Estate Wall, Clatterbridge, Wirral

Anyways after being let in through the electric gate pulled up in my GFS Ioniq, Sam introduced himself, gave a brief spiel about his operating model and then popped a trade plate in the car, gave me the keys and a popper for the gate and said to go for a test drive.

I have to say that 1.4 feels quite pokey (side note: that confused my GF as she thought I was referring to interior space rather than engine performance!!)

Anyways nice clean vcheck report other than a small quirk on the mileage in 2022 which looks to be a keying error

image.thumb.png.bbab5195cebdaeaa5482ca8addb47d06.png

image.thumb.png.1a28f0d3201981f9505da3b11d595090.png

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

7 minutes ago, classic said:

Looks like a really nice car 👍

Cheers,

Sadly this beauty was out of budget (ok I could have financed but that was never the plan)

https://www.audisaab.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-superb-1-4-tsi-iv-13kwh-se-technology-dsg-euro-6-ss-5dr-wirral-202401265938774

3 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@Winston_Woof   Good.

So you are buying a 1.4 TSI ACT with a 7 speed Twin Clutch DSG (DQ200) Stop / Start that has 1 Registered keeper before being 'In trade' and the seller bought it direct from a Skoda Dealership rather than direct from Skoda UK,

?

Does that sum it up?

that's an accurate statement

As an aside searching Skoda for my criteria gives (and no that's not my actual postcode) :

image.thumb.png.249e3c2364875a8e10eb5aadb9c4b1f2.png