headlights adaptation

The car got into a little accident and the right headlight was broken. Now it's replaced with one from TYC, the problem is that the DRL flickers when the ignition is switched off in any position of the light knob. If the ignition is on or running it's fine. Yesterday I tried for 2 hours to fix the flicker when the car is running and I somehow fix it. Later when got to the car to check the coming/leaving home feature because it got dark outside and it flickers also -found here a few threats regarding this but changing stuff after reading them changed nothing.I don't have the time (it's cold outside) and the nerves anymore to deal with this. I need someone to tell what adaptation channel and option to change to fix it once and for all. 

Many thanks in advance to everyone helping

If you are referring to adaption using a scan tool (such as VCDS but not necessarily) you might be better posting or looking at the thread(s) in the 'Diagnostics & VCDS' forum for this. - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-amp-vcds/

LEDs tend to be more sensitive to supply or earth issues so are you sure everything has been sorted with the repair replacement, also not all LEDs are equal in quality some are good or very good some can be poor or rubbish.

14 hours ago, lizart95 said:

Is there a way to set the DRL to be on only when the ignition is on or the car running ?

I am confused (not unusual) by this, that is the normal function, on my wife's 2015 (filament bulbs) the DRLs can be set to (all time) off  or on as you have put via a menu in the infotainment screen but your menu might be different for your country and/or year of car.

HTH.

Edited by nta16

The car is 2017 MY. I have vcds and I didn't post in the "Diagnostics & VCDS "section because the is no DTS on the car. When the light knob is on auto and the car is off the DRL on the replaced headlight flicker.

Fair enough, I thought I remembered posts / threads / links about VCDS adaptions and on Fabias.  Sorry I've no idea what DTS is stands for or ever used VCD so leave it all for someone that does know, plenty of VCDS users and fans around.

12 minutes ago, lizart95 said:

When the light knob is on auto and the car is off the DRL on the replaced headlight flicker.

Then perhaps the new lights and all electrics are all fine and it's a computer program setting as you believe.

Good luck with all.

I tried some of the stuff about fabia 3 adaptations and they change nothing. The frustrating thig is that I know what I need to do but I don't how 

• Thanks 1

On 18/02/2024 at 10:50, lizart95 said:

I tried some of the stuff about fabia 3 adaptations and they change nothing. The frustrating thig is that I know what I need to do but I don't how 

Left Cluster

Daytime Running Light - 3SL VRB36

Right Cluster

Daytime Running Light - 2SL VLB22

These are the channels you need for the DRL's. This is for UK Vehicles, Right hand drive. I am not sure if the adaptations change when the vehicle is Left Hand Drive, Although I imagine not. So looking at channel 2.

Theres no way to adapt it as such to only work with ignition on, That would be a wire/power supply job not adaptations, however you can change the operation of the DRL, Say instead of being a DRL, To have it come on only when the headlights are on. To do this, It would simply be a case of 09 Central Electrics -> Adaptation -> Leuchte2SL VLB22 -> Light Function A2 from Tagfahrlicht to Abblendlicht Rechts. Essentially tells the module to tell on with the right low beam, not the "DRL".

Now, There are 3 extra channels in the adaptation, Type Of Load 2, Lampendefektbit Position 2 and Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2. PERHAPS these may help in your quest to stop flickering from occuring, but i have no idea what the last two truly do. Do so at your own risk, and take backups!

Type of Load 2 is most likely to hold your answers - This tells the car what type of lamp it is. Xenon, Halogen, LED, Wattage, Etc. Maybe by attempting to tell it its a different type of LED lamp, this will fix the issue. Again, Do so at your own risk.

I hope this helps you in your quest, it does sound truly annoying!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lizart95 said:

@lewiswal47 many thanks for the info in the coming days I'll try your suggestion and report if the issue is resolved

best of luck! let me know if you need any help in the meantime :)

• Like 1