EV charging issues and flat battery

Hey all,

Had a fun day with the car after a week of the EV charging not working.

Last Sunday came out to use the car to find it had not charged overnight and throwing up the low 12v battery error. Charge point would not lock cable or central locking would lock the charge flap.

Didn't start working so booked into garage for Monday. Every single day last week the ev battery and 12v was getting mostly discharged overnight. Something draining it all time.

This morning car was dead 100%. Had a fun time trying to get into car as u couldn't unlock. Had to use key in passenger door. Didn't help that car was next to wall so I couldn't actually get into it. Had to use a stick to open bonnet.

Next issue was my jump leads were in locked boot which I couldn't get as I couldn't get into car due to being to close to wall 😅

Luckily neighbour had a spare battery and jump leads. Attached and central locking worked. Started the car and for the life of me it would not start engine no matter what I pressed.

Was trying to work out how to get the spare battery in car and jump leads in the window so I could try and drive it more than off the drive and amazingly it started.

After driving round to charge for a while. I filled petrol and while in garage checked the ev charge flap and it locked. Got home and plugged it in to charge. All working again. Guessing the complete discharge has reset whatever software or something that was causing the issue.

Still going to take it to dealer on Monday, but expecting them to say nothing wrong with it 😥.

Hopefully they will at least attempt a software update on charge system

32 minutes ago, Novascape said:

Hopefully they will at least attempt a software update on charge system

There was a service campaign targeting possible 12V battery discharge overnight. If I remember correctly, 90V7. That is an update to one of ECUs firmware.
In my case I also had an issue of infotainment booting by itself and playing music in the night, so once also had completely empty 12V battery.

• Like 1

@Novascape   Really you should not need to point them in the right direction, even the Service Desk staff that know nothing about cars even Skoda,s. 

They might 'Never of seen this before',  or Never heard about this before.    This says more about them than the actual cars. 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 06.47.55.png

@Rooted after my last experience when I took it in for a complete failure to start and they tried to tell me it didnt happen because the car had nothing in the logs. 

My local dealership probably needs help to use Google or a sign pointing to a recall for same sort of issue

Sorry to jump on here, but can’t see any other thread (and not sure why there is not a specific ev thread)

my car seems to start charging and then stop after a period of time.

last night it charged from 0 to 30% and I have just woken it up and manually used the app to start it charging.

this has happened to me a couple of times recently 

any ideas 

Any member can start a specific thread, and the Mods can pin it.

As to RECALLS. or Recall Campaigns or actions.   They are published or are sometimes.  AS for proper Safety Recalls even Skoda / VW Group Main Dealerships can be totally selectively blind to those.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-campaigns    It is about TPI,s and they are happy to just ignore as long as they get away with them being ignored.

http://gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Edited by Rooted

Car went in today to dealer. They put it down to faulty 12v battery and replaced it. Could not see anything else wrong. 

Will see if it fixes it over Time but expecting the worse.

Anyone know of a fuse that can be removed to hard reset power to car completely. If it happens again I want a way of resetting everything running like a completely flat battery and jump start would, as it fixed issue this time

• 2 months later...