Which SD Card?

I want to get a larger SD card for my Amundsen unit so I can install one of the larger maps.

My current card is a VW Navigation AS Europe 1 card 3G0 919 866 BC.

I understand I need a compatible VW/Skoda card, can anyone advise which 32GB card I can use?

Many thanks.

Edited by Leodis41

You can only use genuine Skoda cards. The Nav knows whether they're genuine or not from the CID (Card IDentification) that is stored on the card. Needing a specific card doesn't make sense to me as the maps are freely downloadable.

There's plenty of sellers online, both new and used, if you search Skoda maps sdcard.

Well that got complicated fast.

So I ordered and received a genuine Skoda card, plugged it in and the system said no map data. I checked the card and it had full map data on it.

I spoke with card supplier who told me to check various things and do a reset, no joy.

In the end I sent photos of my system screen and memory card. My memory card was actually a VW card and the Skoda card was not compatible with my Skoda head unit!

They sent me a VW card which works perfectly. I can only assume that the head unit has been changed at a VW dealers at some stage.

No worries, I never even twigged mine was a vw card in a Skoda! I just assumed they were interchangeable turns out there not.

Anyhow all sorted and we’ve added to the pool of knowledge.