Removing dash airbag cover

Does anyone know if its possible to pop out the passenger side airbag cover on the dash without breaking anything and can it be subsequently put back? My dash has developed some dreardful creaking when its cold and it appears to be coming from that area. After the car imterior warms up it disappears.

Only people who've had actual experience of removing it need answer 😉 Not going to take any risks.

IMG_20240223_123452188.thumb.jpg.dbbe1a3e3dbebd85e9a6ebefbddd17f0.jpg

Yes it will come out, I've had mine out.

Remove the upper glovebox (2 screws and a good tug) and you will see 3 torx screws behind, remove them and carefully pry up with a screwdriver from below around the mounts you took the screws out from while using a gentle edged prybar around the edges from above, I did find a better description online but didn't bookmark it.

Remove neg battery lead first before removing airbag plug, I took mine out to thread a gps antenna up under the dash in the middle beside it for an android headunit.

• Like 2