1.4 tsi 150 Oil Change

Servicepoint3

I have now covered about 8k miles since I got the L&K last year and I’d like to do an oil change myself on the car before it’s actually due a service. Can anyone give me the part number for the oil filter and recommend a filter manufacturer, is it really necessary for a VAG filter?

Bosch 501440627 is coming up in a search but I’ve seen pictures online of a different type filter?

I assume the filter is front right low on this engine and the engine tray has to be removed?

Thanks

Mann supply most of the VAG branded oil filter in the dealer network. They are a major OE supplier to the factories.

Since my recent experiences with Bosch (brakes, oil filters etc) I'd recommend you avoid them. They don't manufacture them just rebrand third party aftermarket suppliers, some recent bosch filters made in France have incorrect part nos, they may fit but are not the correct part for the engine.

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Servicepoint3 said:

Some of the Ridex filters are showing the filter to have smaller protruding male part on the casing?

Probably the top mounted filter on the older 1.4tsi 122ps EA111 engine fitted up to 2015

Looks like this

001.jpg.18f3824f6905da144992192aedb49cb5.jpg

Not your filter

• Like 1

Thank you xman, that’s really  appreciated. I’ve bought hundreds of filters over the years for all sorts of machines and this one had me confused.

I get quite a bit of parts from Autodoc and they show both the Mann filters pictured as being compatible.
I’ll go with the top one.