Removing tail lights Skoda Sperb Estate Mk3 2017

I'm sure this must have been covered somewhere on here but I can't find anything. I have a water leak into the spare wheel well and suspect the offside tail light. Looked up the owners manual which says that I only need to remove the 2 torx bolts (it says screws!)  and then pull the light out towards the rear of the car. I've tried this but it won't budge. Back of the light is free where the bolts were but something seems to be holding the cluster at the front. I'm reluctant to use any force as these things are expensive to replace. Can anybody tell what I'm doing wrong. I've copied the relevant bit from my manual below. 

Thanks

image.png.b2bd3568ee01652e22ebc689b9f2e9a7.png

Hi, it can be a bit tricky but you have done what you need to do by removing the x2 torx bolts. You next need to hold the light unit itself firmly with your left hand (if the unit is the right hand one) then try to get the very end of your right hand finger tips at the front edge of the light unit where it meets the exterior bodywork. Whilst ‘wiggling’ the rear of the light try to ease the front backwards towards you with your finger tips. There is a small locating tab which you can’t see which keeps the front edge of the light secure. Difficult to explain but make sure you’re pulling unit directly towards you, don’t be tempted to pull it to the side. 

For the record they are technically screws 😛

a bolt has a nut on the end, a screw goes into a fixing/formed hole. Nothing to do with the head or thread :) 

But removing the rear lights for the first time is often quite a tight fit.

my trick is to put a plastic wedge in the rear of the lamp and rock the light. Make sure the wedge doesn’t move at all else it will damage the paintwork.