Motorway MPG with Petrol vRS

10 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

@WaveyDavey what consumption do you get on your commute with your current diesel Superb?

As mentioned earlier I get mid 50s going to work and mid to high 40s coming home. The difference is nothing to do with speeds I’m travelling at (usually 60-70mph but currently around a third of it is at 50mph a to roadworks) but is to do with the fact my workplace is at sea level and my home is over 400ft above sea level so the car is working harder in general when travelling home. 

Sorry, I forgot you had stated your consumption in the first post.

To be honest considering the journey type, distances and speeds you describe,  your reported consumption is at least 10 mpg short of what I'd expect from a diesel.

Was yours one of those affected by 'dieselgate' and had the emissions update inflicted on it? Lots of people reported worse consumption and other issues after theirs were updated.

As @TheWanderer proved with his pretty disastrous (imo) reported consumption, Eco mode can be pretty counterproductive if you are a ummm.... let's say a less patient sort of driver.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gerrycan said:

Sorry, I forgot you had stated your consumption in the first post.

To be honest considering the journey type, distances and speeds you describe,  your reported consumption is at least 10 mpg short of what I'd expect from a diesel.

Was yours one of those affected by 'dieselgate' and had the emissions update inflicted on it? Lots of people reported worse consumption and other issues after theirs were updated.

As @TheWanderer proved with his pretty disastrous (imo) reported consumption, Eco mode can be pretty counterproductive if you are a ummm.... let's say a less patient sort of driver.

I may be being slightly conservative on those figures…. Probably more like high 50s/touching 60 and high 40s in reality.   The car was part of the dieselgate issue but has never had the fix applied.

What you have to bear in mind though is the difference in altitude/height between the two locations. (Sea level at work and 400ft+ above sea level where I live on the edge of the Woodhead Moors) so my real world figures will never be anything like published figures. 

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1