Towbar electrics bypass relay fitting - where to tap into fog light

Hi,

I'm currently fitting towbar electrics to my 2019 Skoda Superb hatchback. I have located the relevant wires in the right and left tail light clusters to tap into for brake, tails and indicators, however I would like to know if the rear fog light (located in the nearside cluster on the tailgate) wire is accessible from within the boot compartment? I would like to avoid having to fish a wire from the tailgate through into the boot.

The towbar will only be used for a bike rack via a 7 pin plug. The bike rack does have a fog light in the cluster.

I've located the bypass relay in the nearside boot behind the wheel arch and run a fused 12v supply from the fusebox behind the glove box into the boot underneath the edge of the door trims.

Many thanks!

Hi,

If your car has parking sensors and blind spot etc. then you may find that you need to go down the route of the proper harness and coding otherwise it could trigger these and / or disable other functions (reported on here to affect cruise control etc if not happy).