VW ENGINE WET BELTS ARE THERE ANY?

Its only in the last month or so I have learnt about wet cam belts in Fords and PSA group engines and the consequent failures leading to early engine destruction . For instance the Ford Eco boost is nicknamed the Eco boom in the motor trade.If you goggle wet belts the answer suggests VW use them in some of their engines although I cannot find any specific details .So does anyone know which if any VW engines use wet belts?

Perhaps this why my neighbour who works in reception at an independent repair garage said all modern cars are rubbish and designed to fail stick with your secondhand Skoda Roomster you've  had for 13 years. That said I'm always looking for a replacement for the Roomster should it go pop on me and want to make sure its not a wet belt engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes spoke to my neighbour in passing the other day and he said two cars with wet belt engine failures had been in the garage in the past week ,one a ford the other a Citroen and both written off due to high cost of engine replacement.

It seem to me that if you have one of these cars the best thing to do is change the oil yourself every year with the correct oil ,and don,t put and additives or engine flush in the engine. It also seems with the PSA group engines that you can at least check the condition of the belt by removing the oil filler cap. There is also a comb like tool to check belt wear you can use.

As I said to my neighbour ordinary punters like me are completely unaware of this problem.