P0441 & probably misfire around 3000rpm (1.4tsi VRS CAVE)

Hello everyone!

I`ve recently read out the error codes on my 2010 VRS because of misfires around 3000 rpm while pushing hard. The surprise is that no misfires were reported only P0441 which I asume will disappear after I change the fuel tank breather valve.  But my main issue is the misfire. Probably if I would replace the spark plugs and coil packs the problem would be solved but this issue is present mostly when I the gear box switches from 7th speed to 5th or 6th automatically. I tried to switch manually gears from 5th to 3rd (inside city) floored it and nothing happened I mean it was running perfectly without any misfire.  I am thinking about what if the plugs and coils are ok and something else has problems does anyone know what changes around 3000rpm (+-200) for example ignition timing? Thank you for the help in advance! :)

You can't take chances with the plugs on a twin charger, at the very least remove and inspect them, then replace if necessary with an Iridium set. If any plugs are toast then you'll probably have damaged the corresponding coil pack.

If you can't afford to service your car properly then sell it or it'll really cost you!

43 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

You can't take chances with the plugs on a twin charger, at the very least remove and inspect them, then replace if necessary with an Iridium set. If any plugs are toast then you'll probably have damaged the corresponding coil pack.

If you can't afford to service your car properly then sell it or it'll really cost you!

Thank you for the answer, totally agree with the second part I just wanted to make sure that I`m replacing the correct parts and not just changing parts randomly and useless. Last year I changed the pistons and it seems that the plugs & coils should have been changed as well.