Android auto question

I've just picked up my mkiV and have to say I'm loving it :)

one thing that does annoy me, the car automatically connects to android auto on my phone, and decides that I want to listen to whatever i was listening to on spotify last. I dont want to listen to spotify in  my car, I have a 64Gb usb stick that has the music i listen to in my car, and I want to listen to that (even though it's a pain in the ass to search through, unlike in the mk3.5).

Is there a way to either tell the car not to autoplay from AA, or even not to connect until i tell it to?

*not the best picture, but it was snowing :)

20240302_122004.JPG

There is an AA setting that says 'continue playing media yes/no'. I think you do it from the head unit with AA connected, bring up the apps and go into settings.

There's a setting in Android Auto on the phone also that says about automatically start music when driving. Maybe try turning that off? Not sure if that will sort the problem.Screenshot_20240307_182731_AndroidAuto.thumb.jpg.2bf3889d903eee568ffbaa1d825d8a82.jpg

Edited by MickyD44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MickyD44 said:

There's a setting in Android Auto on the phone also that says about automatically start music when driving. Maybe try turning that off? Not sure if that will sort the problem.Screenshot_20240307_182731_AndroidAuto.thumb.jpg.2bf3889d903eee568ffbaa1d825d8a82.jpg

Thanks for that, I found it eventually 😁

I deleted Spotify from AA list. That was the only way to prevent it from starting every time I started the car. I mean, even if I used other players on the phone, when phone connects to the car, it was always Spotify playing no matter what.