Additional extras worth having I feel....

ryan-vrs

So had my Kamiq for 8 days now, just wanted to share a few extras that I feel are worth having for any new owners, or even current ones.....and to add a post to this forum which seems fairly quiet!

1 - Screen protector for the infotainment, it's basically the same as you would use on your mobile phone, but moreso the added benefit is that now there are hardly any fingerprint marks at all when using with it. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BD4NJYZN?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
They do a protector for the speedo aswell but didn't bother with that one, don't think it's neccessary

2 - All weather rubber mats. As nice as carpet ones are, I use all weather all year round. Simple to keep clean, carpet is nice of course, but not worrying about any type of wet or dirt on my footwear is a plus point. Got the fronts and rears from https://skodapartsdirect.co.uk and managed to find the rubber boot mat on an Amazon Warehouse deal for £50. Was down as having scratches, but it's hardly got any at all. And so what if it had, it's in the boot about to get marked all the time.

3 - cargo netting in the boot comes in handy, was about to buy them as I had previously in my Audi A3 - but kept the A3 one, and luckily it actually fits in there fine to use. These nets always come in handy for securing stuff from rolling around in the boot

4 - Valve caps - managed to get these on Amazon for only £6.99 - officially they seem to sell for £25. But be sure to use some wd-40 / wd-40 lithium within the thread of the cap to avoid any corrossion sticking metal to metal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076BVBB9K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

5 - Dashcam, fitted a Nextbase 522GW from the previous car. Easy to do front, reverse rear was a little harder. I've seen people unscrew the tailgate to make it nice and neat, but managed to avoid all that and still end up nice and neat. Will do a youtube video eventually on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryan-vrs said:

4 - Valve caps - managed to get these on Amazon for only £6.99 - officially they seem to sell for £25. But be sure to use some wd-40 / wd-40 lithium within the thread of the cap to avoid any corrossion sticking metal to metal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076BVBB9K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Thanks a lot!

It is a really good price.

• Like 1

Agree with most, especially the rubber car mats which I too have….but a screen protector for the infotainment screen?  

The ONLY reason I might use a screen protector is on my phone, because it’s used daily out and about and they protect from drops, bangs and scrapes…but for a car infotainment screen?  

Overkill.

Never realised there was such a thing as a protector for the info screen. Its novel but a good idea I reckon, probably better to wipe the protector over when it gets covered in fingerprints than the screen directly.

Posted (edited)

Yeah the protector I wanted purely because of its secondary benefit stating about not having any fingerprints. Since I've had it installed, not once has a print been left and still looks like I've cleaned it each time. 

The one they sell for the speedo is massively overkilled indeed. 

Edited by ryan-vrs

• 3 weeks later...

Whereas I much prefer the fabric, not cold on a winters day and not hot on a summers day.

With due respect, that looks truly awful.  Not only does it look baggy but the stitching doesn’t match with the seats.

Edited by carefree
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ah really I though it looked alright, I can always return it, will have a think. The red stitching matches part of the seat and the handbrake (monte carlo red stitching)... I think I was more afraid of the fabric being torn or scratched. 

Hmm, will see how it is over the weekend and return. Thanks for the feedback honestly 👍

Edited by ryan-vrs

It matches the outer stitching, you wont be looking at it while driving!

23 hours ago, ryan-vrs said:

Ah really I though it looked alright, I can always return it, will have a think. The red stitching matches part of the seat and the handbrake (monte carlo red stitching)... I think I was more afraid of the fabric being torn or scratched. 

Hmm, will see how it is over the weekend and return. Thanks for the feedback honestly 👍

Mate it’s only my opinion, if you like it then it doesn’t matter what others think.

I personally think that the standard cloth on the armrest looks fine, but again if you don’t like it then that’s cool.

Mods to cars will always be subjective, and there i things I like that others don’t and that’s cool.  If you like it then stuff everyone else (including me).

As for it wearing, well I had my previous MC for over 2 years and it looked as good as new so honestly you don’t need to worry about that.

Edited by carefree

All good, was good to have a different view, managed to smooth it out and fits tight now looking better. Think I'll keep it, always like a smooth leather feel (sofa in living room included) 

More snug fit now:

Screenshot_20240331_141436_Gallery.jpg

Now that looks miles better to be fair.  In the original pic it looked baggy and a bit clumsy, but your adjustments have made it look pretty good👍

• Like 2