2015 Octavia Mk3 1.6tdi 4WD high mileage maintenance

Hi All

I'm new to the forum and Skoda cars, but have found the info on here really helpful so far (so thanks for all the hard work :-)).

I have just purchased a 2015 octavia MK3 1.6 TDI 110bhp 4wd, with a manual 6 speed gearbox and 130,000 miles on the clock.

The car has a good service history (some with Skoda, but some independent which i am a little bit weary of) seems to drive well and has just had its cambelt and waterpump changed before i purchased it.

I am hoping to keep this car for another 130,000, and as such want to take good care of it. I am not a mechanic, but am happy with easy to average maintenance work and have done work on my own cars in the past.

Just wondering if you guys could provide advice on what maintenance you would complete at this point or anything to keep an eye on (DIY or bring to a mechanic). So far I have made this list:

- Front and back diff oil change (I know there is debate whether or not this is necessary, but I have no idea if it has ever been done)
- Haldex oil change and filter clean
- Gearbox oil change
- brake fluid
- power steering fluid
- is it worth changing antifreeze, as I have heard some garages may not fully replace old antifreeze when replacing the waterpump?

Any advice or thoughts are welcome. thanks in advance

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Some thoughts:

- Do at least the oil level check. Changing oil won't hurt.

- Haldex oil change along with a filter clean in 2 years/30k miles should be a service program.

- Unable to provide any reliable knowledge about the manual gearbox. Have had two man box cars with over 250K miles on them, one box oil never changed and no problems, another changed somewhere at 150K due to stiff 2nd gear shift. It made no difference. In any case, it appears to be something that you don't need to do very often.

- Brake fluid change every two years is official service program as brake fluid absorbs moisture and brakes start to corrode, if not changed. If you are not into measuring the moisture content every now and then, just follow the procedure.

- G13 antifreeze has 5 years corrosion protection in it, it is supposed to be changed every 5 years.

- Would add rust prevention too. 

Cheers!

Edited by kedambarai