Xenon installation.

Hello.

I want to install xenon lights in my car.The headlights are ready for xenon(lamp-D1s).But im new in this subject and never installed xenon lamps before.

I ordered the ballasts.I ordered wires but there is other connection in the ballast that i dont have idea,i also dont know which type of wire i need.

I taked this photo from inside of  headlight.

Who can help me?Thanks

Phill

20240306_003058.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Phill. 

Give me some info please.You have i see projector with halogen lamp?What type of halogen use?

The best solution is to open headlihts and change the projector with Bi-led projectors.I retrofit in my skoda fabia and the light is  simply crazy.Best cuttof,crazy wide beam,and of course a lot of lumens,I am new member and i post  next day the procces.

Second solution is to put some quality led Lamp,but its not good because maby has dark sport aeras.Try and see ,also rotate the bubl to get the best uniforimity.

Third option is to get a set of ballast-bulbs.Connection is simply.You connect the 12v to ballast,and the wirings from ballast goes to bulb.
But you need to know the projectors to use Halogen lamp,when you put xenon bulbs,the xenon bulb is more hot,and after some time maby 1 year?2year? the inside reflector of projector burned and the light dont go out.

The lamp i use its H7 for medium lights and H1 for high.I want to install led lights but onfortunally its forbidden in my country.Any way i will try whit xenon and if something wrong i will use the risk and install led light that connects whit ballast.In your Fabia by changing your projector you have low and high xenon light right?

I just waiting for the ballast and after install i will give my feedback.

Phill

I dont understand,you have projector with h7 socket.How you put ds1 bulb?with adapter?
In fabia  yes he has medium and High beam.The high beam is open inside in projector ,when takes 12v from high beam.
Look at this photo.I have installed only the left headlight fort test..In right is headlight with halogen h7.0-02-05-302cfe9f95f4883183567329d84725eb3660f65f8ea61e4efb1de09352f4de70_2e9335a6727ed89e.thumb.jpg.7f383576a46d6b718a8350603b6dd956.jpg

Yes its a big diference.Wich model and year is your fabia?

Today i received the ballast+Wire and adaptador but i cant install.First i try to rotate the adaptador many times and nothing.

I need a second wire to connect the ballast to the energy interface but no idea wich wire it is and how to connect.

All this because when i bought this car later, i found later that had acident and both headlights was replace.

20240321_215359.jpg

20240321_215436.jpg

20240321_215522.jpg

Dear Phill..

I think i something wrong here.Your car before has xenon headlights?And after repair,they put Halogen headlights for low cost?

If your headlight take H7 bulb in main beam  its not fit other type of lamp like the last photo.You need to buy a universal ballast with H7 xenon lamps.

My Fabia is 2001 sedan, and i cut the back of reflector and i put the bi-led  projector with screws.Is a very dificult procces.
This photo,i put the projector with H7 bracket to drill holes for aligment.After i cut all the back of reflector,to going more deep because no space to close the headlight.

0-02-05-73a5bbb54cea66efb62317d882a496b912ee1a5b871f287510d722b431ece03d_51e9bda1410d4e7a.jpg