Solved long ago but total loss of 1st and reverse in a heatwave !!!!!

As title i went back to the car after a walk, left the car in brutal sun with no ventilation and lost 1st and reverse 

This might have been mentioned but anyway had a quick search ,so it was the grommet thingy under the gear lever gaiter, i got there by just thinking it through

anyway my solution was a product called 1st gear getter, fixed in minutes saved me putting a gear lever on as i couldn't find the grommet anywhere

again please delete/ ignore if common knowledge otherwise may help someone in a search

IMG_20170620_175535620.jpg

Do you mean that you removed the grommet or the remains of it?

Judging by the amounts of grease, crud and schmoo where I think it was located it will be worth replacing it at some time.

Glad to hear that you are getting brutal sunshine in lovely Cornwall.

yeah this was a while back, the sdi is long gone, i removed the old grommet fitted the first gear getter, before it came i wrapped gaffer

tape around where it lives

still not getting notifications, really annoying