Kamiq 2023 steering wheel not centered

GizmoMKD

Hey guys, i had issue with steering wheel not in the center and went to authorised service. They claim there is no any issue with the car but it's needs front adjustment and sent me to a garage who align the front wheels. The issue is solved by paying to the garage and wanted to let others know if they have same issue in the future. i did not expected this from a new Kamiq around 5500km done under 6 months...

Was it not centred from New?

It should have been reported then and corrected by them.   There was no need to pay because you had a warranty and the car was not correct.

As it is if you left it until the car was due a service they managed to get away with taking the pith. 

The steering whell should be properly centred when new. It can become uncentred if someone has done any work on the suspension of if the wheels are misaligned due to damage caused by kerbing or hitting a pothole.

• Like 2

i had new second wheels with winter tires after second month of buying the car... when new first two months was ok but then it started doing this issue... basically 4 wheels with winter and 4 with summer tires... but the issue was with both set of wheels when i tried before adjusting the front of the Kamiq... now it's fine but very weird...

another problem i'm seeing is when i start to drive without holding the steering wheel and press gas pedal the wheel turn a bit by itself not sure if it's normal or not... i made appointment in the authorised service for a check...

Are the Wheels and Tyres that were fitted the same size, width / offset etc as the OEM.   Or narrower tyres with more sidewall and smaller rims?

I take it set at the correct pressures as well. 

4 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Are the Wheels and Tyres that were fitted the same size, width / offset etc as the OEM.   Or narrower tyres with more sidewall and smaller rims?

I take it set at the correct pressures as well. 

same size wheels. 205x60x16. both sets are the same size just different type tire winter/summer...

• Thanks 1

On 15/03/2024 at 15:29, Rooted said:

Must have been a hit on something unless there was something loose from the factory.  Or the tyre fitter jacked the car up using the wrong place is a possibility. 

What would you say on torque steering? Pressing gas pedal more the steering wheel turn right if not holding with hands...

Hold the steering wheel then!

Torque steer takes you one way or another, or it is not torque steer.

Are you in a right hand drive car on left lane roads?

Take care then because it is not taking you with the camber into the kerb / verge. 

What happens on a totally flat car park when you boot it and get torque steer, does it still go off to the right. 

37 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Hold the steering wheel then!

Torque steer takes you one way or another, or it is not torque steer.

Are you in a right hand drive car on left lane roads?

Take care then because it is not taking you with the camber into the kerb / verge. 

What happens on a totally flat car park when you boot it and get torque steer, does it still go off to the right. 

steering wheel is on the left side of the car and we drive on the right lane. i have not tried on a parking lot yet but will try. On Wednesday i have appointment in the authorised service to check if it's normal or not...