Octavia VRS 194bhp Remap

Has anyone remapped an Octavia VRS 184bhp?

Im interested in getting mine but curious to know if its worth it and if theres any negative impact to components. 

Im reluctant to do anything that would impact the longevity of this very reliable car

Hi, I got mine done just over 2 years now. Before the map dyno result was 370nm torque and 170bhp. After map Dyno was 450nm of torque and 228bhp. My dpf and cat were in a bad way at the time also so I had them gutted along with egr blank.

Driving the car since is literally like night and day. This was done a little over 38k miles ago and haven’t had any negative impact that I can see. That said, i also had a lot of work done to the engine at this time, including sleeving the cylinders, new pistons and rings, bearings, valve guides, valve seals etc… as well as new clutch and flywheel. Car has just over 170k miles now and drives like new. Loads and torque and pulls really well. 

How many miles on your car at the minute, what year is it? What’s the oil consumption like? 

Just made a booking to have mine mapped, next week on Thursday before the REVO offer ends.

for reliability, there is nothing different about mapping an Octavia to remapping any other car. You are putting more wear on your turbo, clutch and flywheel. If you drive it normally with the occasional hard pull, you will not make any substantial difference to the lifetime of the car. If you are an aggressive driver, then the difference will be noticeable. If your car is already close to, or at 100K and you have an aggressive map put on, and then spend all day with your foot planted, then you could very easily kill the turbo in a few thousand miles. At the end of the day REVO have access to more cars and have more staff and tracks to test their cars on than most tuners, and have likely covered far more miles with the software on than other tuners, to make sure it’s reliable

as for the common oil burning issue, I changed the oil for Liquimoly TopTech 4200 and added some Ceratec. I haven’t burned a drop in the last 3-4000 miles.

Edited by sakta