Bosch wiper blades don't seem to fit

I've bought a set of Bosch Aero Twin A860S, for my facelift late 2017 estate. Packaging says Octavia 11.12 onwards

The clips aren't entirely dis-similar but they don't seem to fit. New blade won't slide in. The clips do look a bit different for sure. 

Anyone know if they aren't actually correct, maybe wrong for a facelift?

TIA

Edited by silver50

3 hours ago, silver50 said:

I've bought a set of Bosch Aero Twin A860S, for my facelift late 2017 estate. Packaging says Octavia 11.12 onwards

The clips aren't entirely dis-similar but they don't seem to fit. New blade won't slide in. The clips do look a bit different for sure. 

Anyone know if they aren't actually correct, maybe wrong for a facelift?

The front wiper blade set "Bosch A860S" is shown as correct for the Octavia MK3 on the "boschwiperblades.com" website. 

https://www.boschwiperblades.com/home

Are you using the correct adaptor, ie. adapter number 4?

You could try measuring them to make sure the wiper blades are the correct length, AP24U is 24" (about 600mm) and AP19U is 19" (about 475mm).

Octavia MK3

Bosch AeroTwin A860S front wiper blade set comprises the following two front wiper blades

Driver side AP24U (use adapter number 4...shown in the photo below)

Passenger side AP19U (use adapter number 4...shown in the photo below)

51QYs6fKD6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Carlston

Thanks Carlston. That was a help but I’m not really any further forward. There was no choice of fitting clip. No.4 is certainly more like the O.E. wiper, and not entirely unlike my new ones, but obviously not the same. 

Width of the clip seems ok, push button seems in the right place but it’s a sticky-out bit of plastic on the underside stopping it pushing in.

21 hours ago, Carlston said:

The front wiper blade set "Bosch A860S" is shown as correct for the Octavia MK3 on the "boschwiperblades.com" website. 

https://www.boschwiperblades.com/home

Are you using the correct adaptor, ie. adapter number 4?

You could try measuring them to make sure the wiper blades are the correct length, AP24U is 24" (about 600mm) and AP19U is 19" (about 475mm).

Octavia MK3

Bosch AeroTwin A860S front wiper blade set comprises the following two front wiper blades

Driver side AP24U (use adapter number 4...shown in the photo below)

Passenger side AP19U (use adapter number 4...shown in the photo below)

51QYs6fKD6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

096C4B87-8489-45A8-90C3-7F517931ECBD.jpeg

9F5A3846-9D99-475C-B6A2-FF6BE4EAAB08.jpeg

EC1CC7E8-04C7-40CD-A5FE-A44646639E04.jpeg

Have you put the wipers into the service position to replace them?

I haven't tried to do it without putting them into the service position but I imagine it would be more difficult or impossible.

Are they genuine Bosch wiper blades or counterfeit?

Counterfeit goods are a big problem for many of the big brand names.

Perhaps contact Bosch with photo evidence and ask them if they are genuine.

Edited by Carlston

I compared them to two individuals rather than a boxed pair. The individuals fitted ok so I think it was some kind of unfortunate/unusual wrong clips. So I’ll be returning the pair.

thanks for your help