Drivers window motor just clicks, wont go up or down 🫤

Hey all, my dads skoda octavia mk1 drivers window wont go up or down, the motor clicks ( i think its the relay clicking in the control unit attached to the motor) ive tried a new motor today but its the same, anyo e have any experience with this? Ive checked the voltage i am gettin to the control unit when the switch is pressed and confirmed +12v on either side when the button is pressed, so confident the wiring is ok. Any suggestions welcome 

• 4 weeks later...

But where exactly it was broken, I have the same symptoms but i had rust in that connector, now the initial problem of drivers door lock not working is fixed by me cleaning as much as I could the contacts on harnes and on the motor regulator(black box attached to the window motor) but now the window motor is not coming down or up BUT  I can hear the relay clicking

image.thumb.png.079e8b342081a0a10204563799f715b4.png

Edited by boris_the_blade